Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Team Evil Style
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a track down in Immacklee that they have minimoto races and open pratice.They race on the 1st and 3rd sunday of the month.pratice every saterday.Its west coast Kart clubs new track.This my be a new track we can hold a event at to keep the guys in Miami happy.Im going down for the next race after Palmetto.Ill let you guys know how it is.Ive talked with one of the guys who race there and it sounds like alot of fun.Heres there web site.click on the west coast karting link at the to left of the page for track picture.http://wcpba.com/

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Jeremy Mount is the person who is running the pocketbikes
down there. We had started to talk to him before the track
got moved. The new track looks to have a decent layout.
There is always possibilities for new tracks.

Scott

·
Team Evil Style
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke with al,one of the racers and he said a couple of racers are coming up for our race .He said that he wants to come but hes torn because its the first race of the season on the same day as palmetto.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Due to the "extremely" high cost of the Ocala Gran Prix, the Ocala dates had to be moved to another track so we split them between the three tracks we currently run. If we have not yet secured the dates that we moved Ocala to Starke, and the wcpba would be willing to work with us on hosting a race, and... The majority of SEPRA riders are ok with it, and... Mr. Scott Nelson is not opposed to the idea, then I am all for it! :) I mention you Scott because I know you worked hard on setting up the schedule and I respect your wishes if you would rather just leave the schedule as is.

So if the "majority" of SEPRA is ok with this,

I will gladly call the wcpba to discuss the insurance and other legalities if everyone is willing to give it a try. Looking at the website, I am not sure if the NKA is their insurance provider (they are listed as WKA) so I would have to submit all the necessary information to Deb with the NKA if "we" hosted the race at their track. They might just be able to run it under their insurance but that would need to be discussed.

Ultimately, I think it's a good idea because the pocketbike community needs to do whatever we can to grow this sport. If two organizations can team up and run together so we can increase the #'s at the track then great, let's do it!

One note though:

SEPRA has always done what we feel is best for our riders and this organization. We have developed a good strong foundation because of this. I would not want to pursue this if we do not get the support of our riders!

That is my two cent's. Please let me know if I need to get involved with you guys and contact them about dates\insurance\etc...

Stacy

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
sdudley said:
Due to the "extremely" high cost of the Ocala Gran Prix, the Ocala dates had to be moved to another track so we split them between the three tracks we currently run. If we have not yet secured the dates that we moved Ocala to Starke, and the wcpba would be willing to work with us on hosting a race, and... The majority of SEPRA riders are ok with it, and... Mr. Scott Nelson is not opposed to the idea, then I am all for it! :) I mention you Scott because I know you worked hard on setting up the schedule and I respect your wishes if you would rather just leave the schedule as is.

So if the "majority" of SEPRA is ok with this,

I will gladly call the wcpba to discuss the insurance and other legalities if everyone is willing to give it a try. Looking at the website, I am not sure if the NKA is their insurance provider (they are listed as WKA) so I would have to submit all the necessary information to Deb with the NKA if "we" hosted the race at their track. They might just be able to run it under their insurance but that would need to be discussed.

Ultimately, I think it's a good idea because the pocketbike community needs to do whatever we can to grow this sport. If two organizations can team up and run together so we can increase the #'s at the track then great, let's do it!

One note though:

SEPRA has always done what we feel is best for our riders and this organization. We have developed a good strong foundation because of this. I would not want to pursue this if we do not get the support of our riders!

That is my two cent's. Please let me know if I need to get involved with you guys and contact them about dates\insurance\etc...

Stacy
Stacy make the call. I have no problems with it if it benefits SEPRA
and it's riders.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ok I will call. Wilmatic, when you and KC go there please push the idea as well. Looking at our schedule I am thinking the July and\or October. For now, let's just see if they even want to work with us and under what conditions. Then we'll take it from there. ;)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I agree with all that has been said so far. If it works out, it might bring the local riders (Casey said there was about 30 in their league) to more SEPRA events. At the same time, it may open the door for more of the Miami folks to get involved since I think the drive time between Miami and Ft. Myers area is only about 2hrs. I know from other posts B1rider is from Miami, are there others? If so, maybe they could spread the word down there at the local tracks/parking lots/hangout spots. Assuming this all works out.

·
Burnoutbarn
128 Posts
of course stacy, because the more riders we get the cheaper it will be for us. and my name is will. Have you guys thought of making flyers to hand out? I'm probaly going to make some for my site for the sport.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
wilmatic said:
...and my name is will.
Yes I knew that. Some people don't like giving their "real" identity so I try and respect that. Not sure if it bothered you so I stuck with your CF "handle"! ;)

I used to have a big mailing list and send out post cards for every race along with a mass email. I'll get back to that kind of stuff before we get to far into the season. Just so busy with work and other stuff and it's difficult to get organized. Specially this year because there have been a lot of changes, but I think it is all for the best and if things work out the way I think they will SEPRA will be better and stronger than it ever was, and I'd say we were a pretty strong organization at one time! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts