Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode in to work tonight like any other night and a guy said "woah don't you know it's going to be like 58 deg. tonight?? You're crazy! I just said wait until you see me pull in here when it's 30 to 35 deg. and then tell me what you really think.:D I don't ever put my bike up for the winter and I ride year round unless it's below 30 deg. Thats just too cold for me. I know this has been gone over before but lets hear it anyway.:draggin

·
Tatters in the Tree House
4,796 Posts
45 degrees is the lowest I have ridden in and it was nothing a little thermal underware and my gear couldn't handle. I think the only thing that got cold was my neck and my ankles.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stylemaster53 said:
45 degrees is the lowest I have ridden in and it was nothing a little thermal underware and my gear couldn't handle. I think the only thing that got cold was my neck and my ankles.
Yeah the neck can take a beating in cold weather but I have that licked with a leather "neck rap" with gore-tex inside. Keeps me neck nice and toasty. :thumb

·
Tatters in the Tree House
4,796 Posts
rrguy said:
Yeah the neck can take a beating in cold weather but I have that licked with a leather "neck rap" with gore-tex inside. Keeps me neck nice and toasty. :thumb
What did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
karl_1052 said:
I'll tell ya in december.;)
Man karl I bet you got some war stories on cold weather rides.:laughing

·
yes it is
131 Posts
I'll usually stop when the air temp gets down to around 34. Too much chance of icy road surfaces in the shade.

Last year I put the bike away around Thanksgiving, and then we had two weeks of decent (well, at that time of year its relative) weather. I think I'll wait till the first snowfall before I winterize it this year.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I rode when it was like 30 but I had a nolans quiet rider, and a joe rocket 3.0 meteor jacket and i didn't get cold except for my ankles, oh and it was at night.

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
As long as there is no snow or ice on the ground......I'm ridin' :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stylemaster53 said:
What did that run you if you don't mind me asking?
Free from a Harley guy I know but I'm sure if you bought one it would run 25 to 30 bucks.

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
rrguy said:
Man karl I bet you got some war stories on cold weather rides.:laughing
the worst was on an unfaired yamaha RD350.
it was about -5C(23F). it was a snowstorm. snowed about 5cms in about an hour. it was fun,
This winter my goal is to take it ot at least once every month.:thumb

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
40's is about as cold as I ever wanna ride......

·
Registered
454 Posts
This will be my first winter in a warmer climate. In MD i would ride as long as it was above freezing. I don't like the idea of black ice when on 2 wheels. I would ride in 35 degree temps in jeans, long underwear, sweatshirt and JR atomic jacket. My hands got the worst of it because I only ever wear my JR speedmaster gloves, and they are not good when it is cold.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Last year I rode all year...
I went to work at noon and it was 28 degrees
I left for home at 9:30 pm but didn't catch the temp...

All I can say is the chill didn't go away until August...

I should have stayed in California

·
Registered
38 Posts
SportyChick said:
When my nose starts to run like a tap under my helmet! :D

Thats me, when my nose starts running, its time to park it, there is nothing more annoying then haveing a runny nose you cant get to. Even during allergy season, i just cant take it.

:shrug

·
Registered
100 Posts
StrickSVS said:
This will be my first winter in a warmer climate. .
The winters in Georgia aren't much warmer than the ones in Maryland. We rarely get any snow though and the winter may be slightly shorter...

·
Registered
217 Posts
rrguy said:
Vanson makes a great neck warmer as well. Never have a problem with that.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts