1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
You saw my blinker bitch. :redflip

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,280 Posts
As I learned in driver's ed: right before my foot hits the brake to slow down for the turn.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Where's the "I use them properly" option at? At least, I think I do... I want to give cagers enough chance to figure out that yes, that blinking light means I'm going to turn in that direction, but I don't want to leave them on so long that they get confused. Which happens to them often, apparently.

V

·
Grand Master Fu
1,934 Posts
Usually just before I roll off the throttle...

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
why is there no, 'to induce epileptic seizures' in the poll? :confused

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I only blink twice...sometimes once, if it's just me and another car on a dark road.

Blinking as few times as possible is cool. :)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Can't do it too soon....otherwise the jerkoff waiting to pull out of the gas station that is right before your turn will pull out in front of you, then say 'well you had your blinker on to turn in here....'

·
Registered
666 Posts
To be honest, it depends on the situation.
Mostly a few seconds before I turn, or change lanes.
But if I am turning into a driveway right after a street, then I make sure I pass the street before I begin indicating - otherwise you get ppl pulling out infront of you and all.

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,280 Posts
Damn, I'm in winter mode and answered about the cage... on the bike, I tap the back brake a few times and then hit the signals. Same deal though, right before I start to slow down.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
If there are no side streets or driveways, aprox. 500 feet in advance, depending on speed too. If there are side streets, after the last one prior to where I'm turning.

Changing lanes, only about one or two seconds before.

·
Registered
24,630 Posts
i dont have turn signals, but I'll use hand signals to let vehicles behind me know what i'm doing, if its a cage following pretty close, i'll signal well before i plan on turning

edit: if its a cage following too close, i'll signal with just one finger

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RE: moved thread

I don't know which 'mod" to direct this at... but this was posted in Grandstands, because it was NOT meant in reference to riding, it was for driving. I figured it did not belong in the Pit Area. :shrug Guess I should have been more specific. ;)

·
"You're not worthy."
2,545 Posts
I've owned and ridden so many bikes without turn signals at all that even when I do have them (which I have on both of my bikes now) I still tend to do the pointing...

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
people not using their blinkers or using them 5 feet before they turn is one of my pet peeves so i tend to signal well in advance.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
What's blinkers, precious?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.