Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's here your set up and tweaks and how you have it running.

Well ive got a 2.4 overclocked to 2.83. Ive got 512 mb of ddr ram. This is also overclocked but im not sure by how much. The harddrive is 80 gigs and the video card :shake Its an old ass geforce mx440 64 mb. this will soon be replaced by a 9600 256 mb.

Now as far as my computer running good. It runs great. I dont have any spyware or any of that shat running. Ive got all my processes disabled that aren't neccessary. So i've got about 16 of them at startup. My pagefile is usually always under 100 mb. I dont use any fucking xp designs at all. Folders and everything are set to list and my startmenu uses small icons. Windows classic themes all the way through. I also have NOthing on my desktop at all. Just a black screen.

In other words my computer is completely perfect. It runs exactly how i want it. There is NOTHING In the startup menu. Anyone elses computer set up perfect?

·
Super Moderator
23,510 Posts
When I get my Athlon FX51 3200+ done I'll let ya know. Nothing like 3GB DDR400 ram, dual 250GB HDs and the new ATI 9900 thats supposed to be coming out soon.:D:D

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
I have a Dell Dimension PIII 500Mhz :shake

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
H2O_Goalie said:
Yes, I run Linux.
Exactly.... The only reason windows sucks is because it has all these serivices running you dont need.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Shadownynja said:
Exactly.... The only reason windows sucks is because it has all these serivices running you dont need.
Windows doesn't suck. I run MS boxes at home and at work (as well as the Linux mentioned above). Windows, by its very nature, had to be all things to all people. That can make it clunky out-of-the-box. It can be modified/configured to be as lightweight or as heavyweight as you need. I've had Windows NT and 2000 servers up and running for well over 6-9 months without reboots, only brought down for hardware mods.

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
Need_4_Speed said:
Microsofts kickass Window's ME. It usually crashes once a day.:D
Ouch. Windows ME is horrible. 2k/XP/NT have been very stable in my experience.

·
Two Wheel Addict
485 Posts
Dual P3 1Ghz - 512mb ram
Linux, XP, and soon FreeBSD

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Shadownynja said:
Now as far as my computer running good. It runs great. I dont have any spyware or any of that shat running. Ive got all my processes disabled that aren't neccessary. So i've got about 16 of them at startup. My pagefile is usually always under 100 mb. I dont use any fucking xp designs at all. Folders and everything are set to list and my startmenu uses small icons. Windows classic themes all the way through. I also have NOthing on my desktop at all. Just a black screen.
When my buddy went through my machine and gave it a good colonoscopy for me, it WAS perfect. I'm pretty good about cleaning house now and then, but I don't have the knowhow to do things like that. I'd LOVE to disable all processes that aren't necessary, but there's SO DAMN MANY I don't know what's what.

I have about 25 processes that run on a regular basis, and I'd like to get that down. My computer has been upgraded as much as it can be. Now it's just the old ass PIII 500 motherboard slowing it down. Just polishing a turd I guess...

·
Moderator,
9,884 Posts
Destitute said:
Ouch. Windows ME is horrible. 2k/XP/NT have been very stable in my experience.
I didn't really have any problems with ME for the first 2 years I owned the computer, but recently it's been acting like crap, and my warranty ended a month ago so I'm kinda screwed.:shrug

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
theres a site called blackviper.com.. I think thats it. But it has all the processes listed. And wich ones you need.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Built mine over a year ago:

Aluminum Case (cut window and used blue neons inside)
Soyo dragon platinum MB
P4 2.53 ghz (overclocked to @2.8)
512 mb pc2700 ddr
GeForce 4 Ti 4400 (overclocked)
2 60 gig hard drives running in a Raid 0 array
SoundBlaster 5.1 digital soundcard
400 watt Klipsch 4.1 speaker system

P.S. I AM NOT A NERD (yeah right:rolleyes :shake )

·
Ladies love fatbuck's Cupcakes
17,553 Posts
#1 Game Machine (XP Pro)
P4 2.8c (3.2 when OC but leave it strock mostly)
Abit IC-7
1gig ddr3200
80gig 7200 8mb cache
ATI 9700pro128
Audigy 2 ZS
Track IR
MS FFB2
(Current usage IL2 Final Battles, Call of Duty, Lock On)
Minimal services/Apps

#2 General usage (AKA old game machine) XP Pro
AMD 1.33TB266
ASUS a7a-266
1 gig DDR2700
TI-200 GeForce3
80gig 7200 8mb cache + 60 gig 7200 2mb
Audigy LS
(Current Usage "Stuff")

#3 Mood Swing Machine
PIII 733
512MB SDRam (occasionally 256 when a chip goes bad or whatever)
GF2 MX400 64MB
SoundBlaster Live 5.1
A few 20gig's HD occasional 6.4gig or whatever does'nt make clicking sounds when plugged in
XP Pro (Kazaa Lite for downloading song and sin, Favorites folder that has links the wife might not see artistic value in)
RedHat 9 (for fun and for me to curse at from time to time /server related/General Usage)
Win2k-03 server (server related/WebShere/others)

pIII850 Toshiba Laptop
Connect to work from home

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
1. AMD 500, 128mb ram, 50 Gig hard drive, some generic graphics card, another generic audio card, Red Hat 9

2. Apple iBook, G3 333 mhz, 128 meg ram, 3 gig hard drive.

Once the hamster gets on the wheel, both computers chug along decently.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Corey said:
Ohhh, it's another one of those retard languages!!

Well this is my sweet setup:

ASUS P4PE/R/GBL/F/SATA
P4 2.53GHz (Northwood)
Samsung PC200 512mg RAM (x2)
Western Digial "Special Edition" Caviar 80Gb HD
Western Digital Cavair 40Gb HD
Pioneer DRV-105 DVD-R/RW
Lite-On CD-R/RW
DVD-ROM
Imation 120mg Superdisk Drive
Iomega External Zip Drive
ATI Radean A.I.W. 7500
nVIDIA e-geforce2 MX200
Sound Blaster Audigy
Highpoint Rocket 133 ATA Controller Card
Boston Acoustics 5.1 Dolby Digital Theater System
Gateway EV910 (19"Monitor)
AOC Spectrum 5EA (17" Monitor)
Main cooling by 3 Thermaltake heat sensitive fans
Extra cooling by 3 multi-color LED fans
Memory cooling by Thermaltake memort heat sink and fan

I went all out and bought an aluminum window case with blue neon (yeah, I know, but people love it) and a 3 switch hi-low LED switch panel for the neon and fans.

I have the specs and it was designed to overclock to 3.04GHz (hence all the extra cooling) but turns out my power supply can only handle the load up to 2.83. So that's where she runs now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts