Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the coming days becoming increasingly cooler... just wondering who's gonna continue riding.

I found out that rolling burn-outs are just a twist of the throttle away on cold tires and cold asphalt... Left many many streaks on the way home from school. Did the last one coming home on my street (while using front brakes to keep myself under the speed limit) and lost the front momentarily... luckily it decided to grip up again with only a slight tankslapper :). [should really stop squiding out] :p

btw, anyone know where I can get winter sportbike tires? something that works well in cold weather and has sufficient treads to rip through snowy conditions.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Not to mention the extra horsepower with the dryer/denser air.

As a Triumph owner, I should be able to help you out with some knobbies for your bike but we were all sworn to secrecy under the Triumph purchase agreement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
going up north

I'm going to be riding up to Algonquin Park on the thanksgiving weekend to look at the colors,if it's not raining. I can ride as long as the temp is above zero but if it's raining and 8 degrees...coun't me out.
Last year I rode till 10 of Dec.

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
i_955 said:
Not to mention the extra horsepower with the dryer/denser air.

As a Triumph owner, I should be able to help you out with some knobbies for your bike but we were all sworn to secrecy under the Triumph purchase agreement.
are those the switchable knobbies?

·
Forum Administrator,
5,742 Posts
Yep, she's gett'n cooler but the bike certainly works better in it. :cool: Now you just gotta watch out for those damn leaves on the road!:eek:

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
Technically.....I love this weather because the sooner I get through this damn Ontario winter the sooner I can get another bike in April. But it sure does suck for running. :redflip

·
Registered
6 Posts
How am I liking it?

I've got the glove liners, jacket liner and helmet liner (balaclava) in now. New leather pants should be in this week. After that I should be good for another month or riding.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
20 Posts
:D

I love it. The bike pulls like a mofo in the cold. And there's less summer drivers around.

The only thing that's cold is my nose and my hands -- need them heated handle bars. Apparently Busaboyca slapped some on and loves'm, bastich.

I ride my bike everyday, it's out front of work now ;)

Urameatball, dude. Easy with the rolling burnouts in your 'protective gear' :eek: Still riding in the windbreaker and sweat pants? Holy mofo, showing off your skillz and all, eh?

Some good used gear is on sale now, IE www.cmgonline.com's for sale section if you're still up for a jacket etc., cheap stylez.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
The weather sucks as usual..but i wouldnt mind having an RX-1 when the snow came that would be so sweet :redflip

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I rode yesterday, wasn't that cold it was like 6 degrees out. It wasn't until I got home that I actually felt the cold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts