Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im still working on prepping my bike with HRC parts. i was plannin on runnin the HRC cams with the HRC ignition box and springs.

the question i have is where does the ignition box plug in? and will it interfere with my pcIII or vise versa.. im assuming that it might use the same plugs that the pcIII is currently using. but if i unplug it to plug in my new ignition box how will i map the bike to try and harness the massive HP my little 600 moto gp replica will be putting to the pavement?

:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
The HRC box is the PGM-FI/IGN ECM. The ECM that you get from HRC is a programable unit. It would replace the PCIII. I have seen the price on the HRC ECM setup and it is very expensive compaired to the PCIIIr. I have a PCIIIr, HRC cams, Falicon cam sprockets, HRC valve springs, HRC air cleaner and HRC head gasket. I would not suggest to do the "port and polish" with that combo. I have not been able to get over 109hp (atw, DJ250) with this it.

If you haven't purchased the cams and springs yet, I am selling my set. I am returning my bike to stock trim to sell, to get a CBR1000RR :D.

Marc S.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
lipt0n_te said:
those are some amazing numbers my 2001 with pc111 and full exhaust has yet to put out 91hp, wow and how much will at that stuff run me?
Sounds like you just got a pessimistic dyno. I'd bet if you went to a different dyno you would easily get high 90's and would probably break 100rwhp as long as it was tuned correctly.

·
Tequila Baron
2,879 Posts
lipt0n_te said:
those are some amazing numbers my 2001 with pc111 and full exhaust has yet to put out 91hp, wow and how much will at that stuff run me?
Really? I had mine on a Mustang Eddy Current Dyno which always reads lower than Dynojets and ripped off a 95.5. Bike is engine wise stock besides a slip-on. That proabaly translates to 100 something hp on a Dynojet. Maybe you just got a Friday afternoon bike =]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.