Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
That would be the last thing I needed to make my rides more like a video game. I dig it!!:thumb

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
Who actually looks at thier gages anyway :D

I think that when I'm leaned over, I don't want anything to distract me. Even if it was useful information, which I really don't think it is.

·
GA sportbike rider
589 Posts
I think I would like it. My dad has a '93 Grand Prix with the HUD and I have always liked that.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
I definitely think that would get in the way. Depending on how transparent an image it projects, it could really hinder your vision. I don't think that's for me.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
no my cup o tea maybe when bike go 300 MPH + but if you cant handle a turn you shouldnt be riding.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Suzuki was actually working on a projector system from the side of the helmet to the visor. But it's to bulky right now to wear safely. I would like one, if it wasn't too busy. Anybody ever see the movie Firebirds? That HUD is cool, but it takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
rick said:
Well, A warning about oil being all over the track, from the picture, probably wouldn't fit neatly into the "distraction" category.

Damn good point!

·
Moto Junkie
2,450 Posts
The Suzuki BKing concept bike had an integrated HUD that used a CCD attached to the helmet for a rearview mirror. I personally like the Idea. Fighter pilots and Helicopter pilots use them all the time. The only worry I would have is target fixating without looking outside of your helmet....could be an issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My dream bike would be painted all flat black. It wouldn't have a gauge cluster at all. HUD would have 2 modes. Mode 1 would have minimal info on it such as MPH, RPM, and TEMP.
Idiot lights would light up at top of HUD for oil pressure, overheat, turn signals and high beam indicator.
You could press a button on side of helmet to go to "advanced mode" which would display all the extraneous stuff such as trip meters, odometer, fuel level, etc. for mode 2.
Oh, and the transparency would be adjustable.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I think it'd be a great idea for racing, using it as a rear view mirror. With that, it'd be good for the street.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I actually thought about doing that for a bike.:confused

1 - 20 of 21 Posts