Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not!!!!!!!!!!!!

And:doublefli :doublefli :doublefli

to anyone that lives in a place it doesn't snow!!!!

I woke up this morning and was digging through a few pictures I took last year in January!! Makes me sad!!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I kind of can't wait for snow, but at the same time the second it starts to melt and i realize how shitty the roads are going to be thanks to the asshole county putting down ungodly amounts of road salt(yea yea sure they're helping people get to work and shit but they ruin the roads for anyone with a bike or car that they actually care about for months after)... i was talking to TexF4i once when he was up here and he said for a while he didn't have a car only his bike and i was like "what about when it snows" not thinking, and he says "its only snowed three times in the 21 years i've been in Texas:mad

·
King of something
4,583 Posts
There is a winter substitue called a snowmobile. It's not the greatest but it's better then the patch! :redflip

·
Insomniac
891 Posts
we got a very good snow last year that lasted for a few days. unfortunatly thats all we get, and usually its like every other year that the snow actually sticks to the ground. it really sucks, cause unlike a lot of people i love the snow, but i live in the wrong part of the country to actually see any for any length of time. as i stated above, the most we usually get is flurries for a couple hours, but it doesnt accumulate. last year we got a good 4 inches or so that stuck around for about a week or so. it was great, i'll see if i can find the pics. :D

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
I was saddened to see frost on my car last night :( I'd much rather it snow when its cold than just be cold and cloudy all the time. When the forecast becomes consistent 40's its time to bring the bike home for storage. :(

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SD72GSXR said:
There is a winter substitue called a snowmobile. It's not the greatest but it's better then the patch! :redflip
I had one but now we just rent them cause we had no time to justify it. i just got a Kawi Prarie 650 4x4 this thing is great it rocks in the mud bogs:D:D I gota get a plow for it!!
here is a buddy getting all mudded up .

·
Insomniac
891 Posts
heres the pics, first was taken soon after snow started falling, and the second was taken about 30 minutes later:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
i cant either, seeing as i dont have my bike yet im goin snowmobiling with my friend who has two.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a 92 mustang 5.0 and that thing SUCKED!!!!! in the snow

·
Registered
89 Posts
It won't be long now.....

.....glad I moved into a new place with a garage.:redflip

·
Insomniac
891 Posts
Gaff said:
traction on anything other than dry pavement is questionable at best. dry pavement can sometimes be interesting as well, but i love my gt and fishtailing is fun. :D

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Gaff said:
i didnt mind it too much in my '99 GT last year, i only fishtailed when i wanted to

·
Registered
571 Posts
god it snows bad in the part of Texas i live in, but I live in the panhandle, not far from oklahoma and kansas. I like to ski and board, so bring on the snow. I have had a lot of fun riding this season, but i could use a break for a bit. I had a pretty good accident this year, so i could use a couple of months to mod my stuff and fix what I broke. Plus snowboarding rocks!!!!

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
yeah man, snow is FUN!
snowball fights, snowmen, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling...
sheesh, get some ice spikes on your bike and go out riding!! :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ahh, I can't wait for the white shit. I'm twitching because I have been off of a snowbaord for tto long. Plus I have an all wheel drive WRX that I'm dying to get out in the snow and play with.

The only bad part is that I'm going to be so out of shape for snowboarding, but that will change 3 weeks into the season.

Bring it on!:)

·
Tequila Baron
2,879 Posts
Well it's freezing here right now at a chilly 60 degrees, it might break out into snow any second :redflip Well I moved here from Chicago however so I've put my time in for digging cars out of snow banks and the like. Now I ride year round woohoo!

·
It's good to be the king
4,427 Posts
Snow is crap. If I never saw another flake again it would be too damn soon. Not to mention all the morons flying in from out of state to ski. Bah.

I hate winter.

Deuce

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

time to change gear... n go skiing or boarding!!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts