Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My name is Alex and I love V-Twins.

I stopped by my dad's house today so my daughter could visit for a few minutes. There was a TLR parked outside. Turns out he just bought it(01 with 4K miles). He offered it up for a test ride, so in my full on squid mode(shorts, tshirt, sandals and borrowed lid) I took it for a quick spin. It's the first big non-cruiser twin I've riden. I took off up the road from a stop sign and ran it through 3 gears pretty hard. I was thinking, "wow this thing is slower than my viffer," until I looked down and saw I was running 115. Talk about smooth power delivery. I'm hooked. It sounds like crap with the stock cans, but he asked me to look up some aftermarket ones for him, I'm thinking full system since he has big bucks and I'll probably be able to buy the bike from him when he wants something different! :) I like the yellow and black, but the "v-twin superbike" sticker looks like crap IMO. It has dunslops on it at the moment. What tires work good on the TLR? I'm probably going to suggest a Yosh full system w/ remap and a set of Metzler M-1s, but would like to hear some other/better options.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
First off welcome to the darkside:redflip I have D207's on mine. I like them but a lot of other people say they arent that good. I would also suggest Metzlers or michelins. For exhaust most people go with Yosh or Micron for the TL I only have slip ons with mine but love the sound.

Tom

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
Welcome, and if you want some tiller info drop by the suzuki section, Troy has lots of info on easy to do mods on the tiller, and some great advice on what works good on them..

Dave :suess

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Krypt Keeper said:
Welcome, and if you want some tiller info drop by the suzuki section, Troy has lots of info on easy to do mods on the tiller, and some great advice on what works good on them..

Dave :suess
And how to make your TL look like something completley different:D :D

Tom

·
Moderator,
3,129 Posts
Yosh is good for the Tiller. I have heard good things about M4 for them as well. I would definately look in the M1's and some BT012's or 20's something along that line depending on what kind of performance you're looking for...

Seriously.. if you have any question Troy is the man. Please, just don't ask him for pictures!!! :D

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yosh and M4 are both excellent choices. Be sure you get the full system, the stock pipes have a major crimp in 'em. Follow the pipe from the left (i think) can and you'll find it.

Have fun!

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
I want a Tl1000r so bad but I don't have the money for it right now:mad

·
Registered
185 Posts
I absolutely love my TLR. Get a good set of pipes for that bike along with a Yosh Box remap and you'll really fall in love. Set up the suspension and dump the stock damper for an Ohlins. If you really want to feel the punch of the V-Twin go up two teeth in the rear......I found +1 was more then enough. My TLR gets more heads to turn when it goes by with the Two Brothers pipes rumbling. I smile every time I ride her.:D

·
Registered
361 Posts
one of you guys should buy my TLR. It is all stock except for re-map and vance and hines with Pirelli super corsas on it. :D

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
I'll take it if you put me on a payment plan other than that I guess I'll just have to sell my kidney or wait to early next year :mad

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Castor, is that the old body work. I remember in another thread you were geting some new bodywork.

Tom

·
Registered
376 Posts
BeerNinja said:
He offered it up for a test ride, so in my full on squid mode(shorts, tshirt, sandals and borrowed lid) I took it for a quick spin. It's the first big non-cruiser twin I've riden. I took off up the road from a stop sign and ran it through 3 gears pretty hard. I was thinking, "wow this thing is slower than my viffer," until I looked down and saw I was running 115.
Unfamiliar liter bike, squidly attire, 100+ mph - you were lucky. :rolleyes

·
Registered
407 Posts
CasterTroy said:
Yeah...old....new should be getting shipped this week from south Africa :eek
Are you getting the Hammer It racing skins? IF SO, Do you know how much the Duty cost is going to be on those??? I was thinking about getting some of those.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is a remap something I could do with a laptop if I had the map? I've built an adapter to hook up to GM ECU's before, and there wasn't much to that. Is a bike ECU similar? Thanks for all the input thusfar. Too bad TT doesn't carry Yosh exhausts. I've found a couple decent prices on a full system so far. If I can get it cheap maybe I can sneak in some parts for my viffer on the order. :D

O.B., don't you have enough people to force your morals on to keep you busy instead of nagging me? Nevermind, I've got this neat ignore button to use. Congrats on being the first on the list.

·
I miss my daggone stars
12,002 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
Are you getting the Hammer It racing skins? IF SO, Do you know how much the Duty cost is going to be on those??? I was thinking about getting some of those.

No..I'm getting the GSXR fairings

Should look like this when painted

BeerNinja said:
Nevermind, I've got this neat ignore button to use. Congrats on being the first on the list.

There would be ALOT less trouble on any site if more people knew to use the ignore button :laughing

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Caster,

Where do you park that thing? I could use some parts! :redflip Although for the cash I'd have to spend on Kevlar before the trip I could just go buy some bike bits! :cigar

1 - 20 of 26 Posts