Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing pretty good, about 5 days now, don't really feel like smoking.

But the problem is, what do I do at work on breaks? Before I just smoked..... now..... what? I end up just going back to work. I could surf this thing, but I need to stretch.

Basically..... What do non-smokers do to pass the time? (when they don't wanna sit their ass in front of a computer)

·
Registered
12,249 Posts
goto your break room and get a snack or something...
or jsut fraternize with the female employees...
just keep yourself busy...

·
GA sportbike rider
592 Posts
First off, Big congrats on the quitting.

I have never been a smoker myself and personally can't stand it, but I know its tough to quit a habit like that. Keep up the good self will. You can do it! :thumb

As far as breaks at work, I usually eat something in a morning break, and other then that, just breaks to get up and walk around and stretch. A lot of times I just skip them when I am not thinking about it.

·
Mile high club instructor
4,063 Posts
Good for you, quitting was the best thing I could do for myself and I have been smoke free for 2 years now. Chew gum or anything, but just dont light up again. You will notice a big difference in how you feel in a couple of months, and what you feel will be kinda like a pay-off for all the hard work in quitting.

·
Registered
16,602 Posts
Congrats!!!

After about 10 years of cigs, I quit about 2 months ago. Doing really good.

I started snackin on Pretzels, filing my nails (shuddup!) and all sorts of other things.

I no longer had the "cravings" but I still had the habit, so I needed to do something... But it is passing now....... I am nearly done hacking up all that CRAP I poisened myself with too. I used to hack all kinds of black shit, not anymore.....!!!

Things are starting to have smells again (Went thru a week where everything STANK!!!!) Just getting used to smelling again, lol

It's getting better each day... Hang in there!

·
Ask me if I care ...
3,730 Posts
I smoked for 8 yrs....started when I was 9...I know, how terrible does that sound :shake but I finally quit, for good, and have been smoke free for 15 months..and it's the best thing I could have done...

during breaks, whatever you do, don't eat...if you didn't normally eat don't start just to pass the time...thats why most ex-smokers gain weight, it's a mental thing, you feel the need to put something in your mouth...try gum...and use your break to get to know your co-workers or something..oh yeah, and congrats :thumb

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Well u can just sit down and listen to music or something..Or go bobbing for apples.:redflip

·
Ask me if I care ...
3,730 Posts
cgreer00 said:
a buddy i know goes and gets a blowjob in the bathroom from one of his co-workers. you could do that :thumb
OMG LMFAO :lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
ziadel said:
goto your break room and get a snack or something...
or jsut fraternize with the female employees...
just keep yourself busy...
Word that is what I did. I Smoked 2 packs a day for 7 years woke up one day and decided I didn't want any more, been smoke free for 1 1/2 years. It's tough my wife still smokes, and I miss those breaks. Also really tough when out with freinds at bar/club or what ever you just have to stay strong. But I feel 1000X better than I did, and I can actually smell things that I couldn't before! :) + I have more bank left over to spend on toys! :biggrin

Good Luck and stay strong!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I drank root beer. It worked pretty well. Also drink a lot more water. That should help. In a couple of weeks it you won't have any problem with doing nothing and enjoying it, you won't even remember that you want a cigarette.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cgreer00 said:
a buddy i know goes and gets a blowjob in the bathroom from one of his co-workers. you could do that :thumb

too bad my entire office is all men... (really small company)
and i already know everybody quite well.
it has been rumored that the massage parlour in the building is actually a rub 'n tug though. hmmm....... haha

right now, i just go to the kitchen, get a drink and just stand there. replacing cigarette with a can of pop.....

as for the bar thing.....
i did that the day after i quit and did alright.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I ride the bike up and down the flight line when I am on break....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.