Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing pretty good, about 5 days now, don't really feel like smoking.

But the problem is, what do I do at work on breaks? Before I just smoked..... now..... what? I end up just going back to work. I could surf this thing, but I need to stretch.

Basically..... What do non-smokers do to pass the time? (when they don't wanna sit their ass in front of a computer)

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
goto your break room and get a snack or something...
or jsut fraternize with the female employees...
just keep yourself busy...

·
GA sportbike rider
589 Posts
First off, Big congrats on the quitting.

I have never been a smoker myself and personally can't stand it, but I know its tough to quit a habit like that. Keep up the good self will. You can do it! :thumb

As far as breaks at work, I usually eat something in a morning break, and other then that, just breaks to get up and walk around and stretch. A lot of times I just skip them when I am not thinking about it.

·
Mile high club instructor
3,324 Posts
Good for you, quitting was the best thing I could do for myself and I have been smoke free for 2 years now. Chew gum or anything, but just dont light up again. You will notice a big difference in how you feel in a couple of months, and what you feel will be kinda like a pay-off for all the hard work in quitting.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
breaks??? Hell, in my company, ONLY the smokers get to take breaks. The rest of us get looks like were lazy if we get up and go outside for a five minute break. Congrats on quitting, you won't regret it!!

·
Registered
16,189 Posts
Congrats!!!

After about 10 years of cigs, I quit about 2 months ago. Doing really good.

I started snackin on Pretzels, filing my nails (shuddup!) and all sorts of other things.

I no longer had the "cravings" but I still had the habit, so I needed to do something... But it is passing now....... I am nearly done hacking up all that CRAP I poisened myself with too. I used to hack all kinds of black shit, not anymore.....!!!

Things are starting to have smells again (Went thru a week where everything STANK!!!!) Just getting used to smelling again, lol

It's getting better each day... Hang in there!

·
Ask me if I care ...
2,777 Posts
I smoked for 8 yrs....started when I was 9...I know, how terrible does that sound :shake but I finally quit, for good, and have been smoke free for 15 months..and it's the best thing I could have done...

during breaks, whatever you do, don't eat...if you didn't normally eat don't start just to pass the time...thats why most ex-smokers gain weight, it's a mental thing, you feel the need to put something in your mouth...try gum...and use your break to get to know your co-workers or something..oh yeah, and congrats :thumb

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Well u can just sit down and listen to music or something..Or go bobbing for apples.:redflip

·
Master Debater
3,090 Posts
the hardest is when your at a bar drinking that will be the true challenge.
But congrats stay strong

·
Registered
94 Posts
cgreer00 said:
a buddy i know goes and gets a blowjob in the bathroom from one of his co-workers. you could do that :thumb
bwahahaha:laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

·
Ask me if I care ...
2,777 Posts
cgreer00 said:
a buddy i know goes and gets a blowjob in the bathroom from one of his co-workers. you could do that :thumb
OMG LMFAO :lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
ziadel said:
goto your break room and get a snack or something...
or jsut fraternize with the female employees...
just keep yourself busy...
Word that is what I did. I Smoked 2 packs a day for 7 years woke up one day and decided I didn't want any more, been smoke free for 1 1/2 years. It's tough my wife still smokes, and I miss those breaks. Also really tough when out with freinds at bar/club or what ever you just have to stay strong. But I feel 1000X better than I did, and I can actually smell things that I couldn't before! :) + I have more bank left over to spend on toys! :biggrin

Good Luck and stay strong!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I drank root beer. It worked pretty well. Also drink a lot more water. That should help. In a couple of weeks it you won't have any problem with doing nothing and enjoying it, you won't even remember that you want a cigarette.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cgreer00 said:

too bad my entire office is all men... (really small company)
and i already know everybody quite well.
it has been rumored that the massage parlour in the building is actually a rub 'n tug though. hmmm....... haha

right now, i just go to the kitchen, get a drink and just stand there. replacing cigarette with a can of pop.....

as for the bar thing.....
i did that the day after i quit and did alright.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I ride the bike up and down the flight line when I am on break....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts