·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i might be interested in buying a cruiser,any suggestions?:confused

·
Registered
700 Posts
Look at them all and decide which one you like. My preference is Yamaha and I have a V-Max. If I didn't I would probably buy a Warrior. It's all in what floats your boat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup on the Vmax which doesnt deserve the "bad handling" rep all apply. It really isn't a cruiser either, and has NO problem hanging with 'most' sportbike riders after a couple hundred bucks in racetech valves up front. Another good point is the low price where most don't appreciate it in it's niche market.

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
Definately go out and sit on them... comfort is a key issue with cruisers... at least that is how I see it, my cruiser goes the distance and I want my butt to make it comfortably ;) :p

I love the new warrior (Yamaha ) but there are a lot of brands out there that definately need a looking. If I had a choice of anything cost aside I would have to give the Victory Vegas more then a quick glance... that thing is SEXY!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yamahagirl said:
Definately go out and sit on them... comfort is a key issue with cruisers... at least that is how I see it, my cruiser goes the distance and I want my butt to make it comfortably ;) :p

I love the new warrior (Yamaha ) but there are a lot of brands out there that definately need a looking. If I had a choice of anything cost aside I would have to give the Victory Vegas more then a quick glance... that thing is SEXY!!!

that is a nice looking bike

·
Registered
984 Posts
My neighbor has one of the older Victory's and he loves it. It is a great running and sounding bike.
The new vegas is a great looking bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only problem I have with the Vegas... and I guess it's from being spoiled by the Warrior... is the single front disk... other than that.. it's an awesome bike... a bit overpriced... but hey... it's what you gotta do to buy American... Check out the V-Stars (Yammie), the Warrior (Yammie), and the VTX (Honda) all good bikes... all good buys....:mad

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yea I like duel disks too.
I just see the victory as an american bike besides the harley, you are right though they are to expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really like the look of the Meanstreak. I don't care for the Warrior because of all the plastic. Although motorwise, the Warrior is pretty bad ass!

BTW, MY MEANSTREAK IS FOR SALE!!:D

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i really like the yamaha warrior,does that have the same engine as the r1?

·
Moderator,
2,475 Posts
hrmmm I would say No, because the R1 is a inline 4 liquid cooled and I believe the road star warrior is a vtwin aircooled like my vstar....

Anyone???:confused

·
Registered
700 Posts
michael99 said:
i really like the yamaha warrior,does that have the same engine as the r1?
Not even close. Like comparing plums to pineapples. Yamaha girl is correct that the R1 is a 998cc liquid cooled, 20 valve, inline 4 putting out about 137 hp and 74 or so ft.pds. of torque. The Warrior is an air cooled 1670cc , 8 valve v twin putting out about 78 hp and just under 100 ft.pds. of torque.

There are parts on the Warrior that are based on parts off the R1 and even some are basically the same but the motor isn't one of them. However even though the Warrior may not make quite as much HP as some of the cruisers it's weight and handling more than make up for it.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Ive looked at alot of cruisers lately, and Im leaning to the V-Star 1100 classic. I like the looks of the bike with the spotlamps installed. Its very 1950's styled. Ill be buying one this summer. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts