Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please read the other post on the old forum so I don't have to type it again.:biggrin

·
Registered
704 Posts
me either

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's the one Boomer.

That is the one I was speaking of Boomer. I did screw up. The road is 194. I'm not from that area but,my wife is. Last time I was up in the hills visiting her parents I found it, no correction, she showed me where it was! :laughing That's her talking.I rode my TL all around that area. There are other roads around that area that are good for riding. I just can remember the names or numbers.:cool

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Copy and paste, dude.:D I know the road well. 194 from Banner Elk through Valle Crucis is an okay ride. It's pretty narrow and bumpy though, doesn't really lend its self to a brisk sport ride. I'd definitely turn left once I got to the intersection with 421.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
that road could be nice, but it is rough and was really nasty the one time I rode it....

And JRA is right...take a left at the intersection with 421 ;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Last weekend I wastalking to a riding buddy who lives in Banner Elk, and he said that the county was getting ready to repave 194. Since it is so close to winter it may be spring of '03. Ahh, how sweet of a road it will be with a good smooth surface.

·
Brought to you by the letter 1
6,239 Posts
like I said before just about...well ok all but Doc , unless they have just joined the group in the past month or didnt ride the first boone gathering at the begining of the summer or the last run when everyone went up for the SVR

·
I'm not a poser... It's just a speed impediment
2,246 Posts
Must you keep screwing with my brain Rob? I swear it takes me a few minutes to figure out these are like 2 year old posts... But hell, 194... :laughing

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ZREXROB said:
kick-ass road dude:D
Yeah, if your on a KLR maybe.:laughing Anything that is even close to a sportbike, good luck!:shake

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
ZREXROB said:
kick-ass road dude:D
:shake

I'm not sure which parts of that road I like better, the parts under all the gravel or the parts that retired and moved to the bottom of the mountain. :shake

·
Freedom of Speech, Don't take it lightly...
2,147 Posts
Goat path:confused

Rob,
That's why Kawasaki is testing those wrinkled tyres.....:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts