Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People don't read that stupid sign...SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT!!!!!!!
That crap gets on my nerves...At the very time your behind someone chatting on the cell phone, and you have another ass site seeing on the right...I wish we could play bumper cars sometimes...

Ok I'm done ranting..:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, duh... Its because they're on their CELLPHONE!(LOL)

Sorry, couldn't resist...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not much makes me madder. In Missouri, it is alway a car with a Kansas or Nebraska license plate. Their laws allow you to drive in any lane at whatever speed, proof they are ass-backwards states.

In Missouri, the law clearly states "slower traffic keep right". Now, I have more than once been an asshole. When I get the opportunity, I pass the perp on the right, pull in front of them and really slow way down, forcing them into the "proper" lane. Then, I speed up and go on with my business.

I guess that makes me more of an asshole, as they obviously did not know the law yet I did. But, there are a few who are trying to make a point by driving the speed limit in the passing lane, and to those, well, I pray for them.

Actually, I drive better now that I did 30 years ago.

Not much, but there is a difference!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
it never fails... stupid slow ppl in the left lane...

they get two flashes and a horn. after that they get passed on the right w/ a finger. :D

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,767 Posts
I've always wanted to "nudge" someone with my brush bar:laughing :laughing Try driving around Chicago with all the idiots driving 20 under the limit or 20 over on city streets. :rant :rant

Nothing better than some ass hat doing 10 mph because they don't know where they're going. I have excellent insurance so I don't care if I hit someone, as long as they don't get hurt.;)

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
don't have the prob. much anymore. after i put 100watt PIAA driving lights on the ft bumper of the camry. yeah it looks stupid, but then we just drove 12hrs striaght , 2x in 4 days

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I agree with you, but I also can't sand being tailgated. I go the speed limit, or 5 over it, but if you tailgate me I'll go 10 under :laughing

·
jayman and Method are super fabulous!
6,505 Posts
i live in Florida... all the old people come here for the winter. they are everywhere:shake it doesnt matter what lane you're in they will be right in front of you going ten miles under the posted speed limit:rant

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Ask someone doing that why they do and they'll probably say it's because they don't have to worry about dodging traffic that's entering the road while their hands are occupied and they can't react as quickly. Well here's an idea........ CONCENTRATE ON DRIVING THAT TWO TON WEAPON INSTEAD OF PLANNING DINNER!

Yeah, I guess it bugs me too ;)

I never make calls while driving, but I receive them sometimes and only with a headset on. If the conversation is going to be too heavy and mess with my concentration, then I end it, get off the road, and call back.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
here in TX people can get a citation for driving in the left lane of a hwy and impeding traffic (not sure if that applies to main steets as well :shrug). left lane is for passing ONLY, but sadly the traffic patrol doesn't enforce this one toooo much :shake

achick, that's wrong

jester, that's why i dont drive a truck, it's better on 2 wheels for me since i really cant bump people ;) .

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
Honda919Rider said:
Now, I have more than once been an asshole. When I get the opportunity, I pass the perp on the right, pull in front of them and really slow way down, forcing them into the "proper" lane. Then, I speed up and go on with my business.
You can get a ticket for that too....it's call intimidation!

I hate slow drivers but what I hate even more are tailgaters. I drive above the speed limit but not excessively over. If you're on my ass you're just going to piss me off! And in my hatchback I've had people so close that I can't see their headlights. That's too damn close for comfort in a hatchback!

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
Crazykell said:
You can get a ticket for that too....it's call intimidation!

I hate slow drivers but what I hate even more are tailgaters. I drive above the speed limit but not excessively over. If you're on my ass you're just going to piss me off! And in my hatchback I've had people so close that I can't see their headlights. That's too damn close for comfort in a hatchback!
well then move outta the fast lane.

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Don't try driving in WA...you'll go from a mild mannered driving individual into someone that has road rage. I seriously did not have problems with peoples driving till living in this state.

Here people are just ignorant or just plain don't care about the traffic laws. They were doing an interview with a guy about 6mo ago that drives on the stretch of road that is one of the worst backups in the US. People lose on average of $1700/yr per person b/c of the delays. Anyways, they had talked to this guy that said that he deliberately does 60 in the fast lane b.c that is the speed limit and that is the law. He said he does it on purpose to slow down the people driving over the speed limit. :mad

I'll see if I can dig up the article somewhere.

Nico

·
Registered
18,094 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
RACER X said:
don't have the prob. much anymore. after i put 100watt PIAA driving lights on the ft bumper of the camry. yeah it looks stupid, but then we just drove 12hrs striaght , 2x in 4 days
Houston to Topeka?? 12 hours? Did you forget to press the gas pedal? Jeesh, I thought you people in Tx knew how to drive. :D

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Honda919Rider said:
Not much makes me madder. In Missouri, it is alway a car with a Kansas or Nebraska license plate. Their laws allow you to drive in any lane at whatever speed, proof they are ass-backwards states.

In Missouri, the law clearly states "slower traffic keep right". Now, I have more than once been an asshole. When I get the opportunity, I pass the perp on the right, pull in front of them and really slow way down, forcing them into the "proper" lane. Then, I speed up and go on with my business.

I guess that makes me more of an asshole, as they obviously did not know the law yet I did. But, there are a few who are trying to make a point by driving the speed limit in the passing lane, and to those, well, I pray for them.

Actually, I drive better now that I did 30 years ago.

Not much, but there is a difference!
I think you just notice it more because out of state drivers stand out and give you something to remember. Also, I consider it a common sense rule as well as a law. Get the Fawk out the damn fast lane. If someone is going to lane sit, I will also pass them get in front and then slow down. I'm also one of the worse people to play road games with because I WILL win.

One day Iw as doing 80 in a 60 and out of nowhere someone changed lanes right behind me and then honked the horn. Now if she (notice I said she) would have been approaching from behind in the same lane I would have moved when I saw her approaching in my rearview mirror. Hopefully she would have given the usual 2 flash pass (preferrably her t1ts if she was hawt) to let me know she was coming if I wouldn't have seen her but to just cut in right behind me and honk is a no-no. :nono I looked up and gave her a :shrug and knew she could see me. She had issues as she then give me the bird. Being the nice person I am I told her she was #1 right back. At that point she made one of the dumbest mistakes ever. We're at 80mph, has been raining off/on all day and she decides to flip me off with both hands. Instantly my brain did some quick driving math. The equation was something like 1 steering wheel minus 2 hands plus 80mph with wet roads = time to test my ABS in this car. Yes people I had no problems attempting to lockup the brakes. I only wish I had a rear mounted camera to catch the look on her face. All she could do was slam on her brakes and change to the middle lane on our rights because on the left was a concrete wall and not much room for her to veer left. I proceeded on my way and when she pulled up beside me with this evil look on her face trying to yell through 2 closed windows I picked up my cell phone and pointed at it. It was at that point she decided to exit the highway.

Anyone else have a story to tell?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.