Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local shop had their in each size and I must say, I'm very impressed with the helmet just from trying it on in the shop. THe fit has an Arai feel to it, but at $189, definately not the price. It's fairly light and looks to have good ventilation designs. I'll probably seriously check it out when it comes time to replace the Arai that I've got now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pretty nice I will have to check them out. I may be picking up a pair of there new Jeans. I like the new Momo lid but dont know how much they are going for probably pretty high in price!

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
is the iCON available online anywhere. I've not seen it before, but that is a sharp helmet. Let me know if anyone is aware of a retailer of these helmets.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
icon

I just tried one at my local shop today too. The quality seems to be very good. The face shield opens and closes very nice, tight and positive feel. The vent on the top is really cool. You push a button and it pops up with a cool little click. Looks like it would vent really well. It was also only $169 at the shop, so I expect it will probably be like $130ish online for the solid colors. I was very impressed, I hope trick tape starts selling them I'll probably buy one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry if I sound ignorant on this, but why are they so cheap? (price wise that is) :confused Arais & Shoeis cost $400 or more & if these helmets are just as good why are they only $169?

·
Registered
319 Posts
uh cuz they are not as good. they might be decent but overall its doesnt even compare to an arai or shoei. at least their higher end models.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is the iCON available online anywhere.
I doubt they'll be online right away, but they are the new riding gear line that Parts Unlimited, so if your local dealer orders from Parts, they shouldn't have any problem getting one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts