Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I do decide to get a new sportbike for street use next year, I do like the new 03 CBR600RR and ZX-6RR.

600RR

pro - dual FI
- 310mm rotors
- Honda reliability
- RC211V styling
- strong swingarm

cons - silly underseat exhaust
- plastic tank cover

6RR

pro - fully adjustable susp
- adj swingarm pivot
- nice styling
- back limiting clutch

cons - GREEN
- non braced swingarm

Kinda tossed up betweeen them The Kawi is limited to 500 units in the US this year at $8500 and teh 600RR is coming in March (but as per typical honda fasion, probably not until May)

·
Super Moderator
23,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And dont say 03 R6. I'm looking for something not every Tom Dick and HArry will have.:D

·
Forum Leader,
6,102 Posts
Why not consider the 954? Same weight as the 600RR/about the same cost/more friendly on the street.

·
Super Moderator
23,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Avery said:
Why not consider the 954? Same weight as the 600RR/about the same cost/more friendly on the street.

Dont have use for a bike over 750 4cyl or 1000cc twin. Plus I see 954's everywhere.

·
Insomniac
891 Posts
gixxer 6 blk/silver yum yum. also, who cares if r6's are common, that 03 in liquid silver is freakin sexy as hell. :D :D :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
please dont take this as a biased view,, but u know u want the gixxer750..

its just the ultimate package out there and im sure the people who own one can back this up..

oh and if someone asks me why i DONT have the 750.. i like the 600 just fine for my riding,,

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
chammer said:
gixxer 6 blk/silver yum yum. also, who cares if r6's are common, that 03 in liquid silver is freakin sexy as hell. :D :D :D

but he likes to ride i bet.Not have it in the shop.gsxr 600's have major probs.

The kawi swing arm will be plenty stiff i'm sure.I heard a dealer say that more than 500 6rr's will made.Why not 636 6r?ince it's going to be your street bike you won't be needing an adjustable swingarm piviot when hanging at hooters:D i would juat get the regular kawi 6r.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am with Viz. If you are not looking for a bike to race down the road then maybe take a look at the regular ZX6R. For the street the 636 ould pretty nice. If I were looking at the Honda or Kawi I would go Kawi.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Heh, if you don't want a bike that every Tom, DIck and Harry has then I would bypass the entire japanese 600 range. ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vizsladog44 said:
The kawi swing arm will be plenty stiff i'm sure.I heard a dealer say that more than 500 6rr's will made.Why not 636 6r?ince it's going to be your street bike you won't be needing an adjustable swingarm piviot when hanging at hooters:D i would juat get the regular kawi 6r.

Oh I'm sure it is. Just used to having a braced swingarm.:D

THe 6RR has some features that the ZX-6R doesnt. Like more compact motor, slipper clutch (since I do like downshifting hard:D), upgrade forks and the fact it wont be on every corner like R6's GSXR600's, F4i's and ZX-6R's.:D Eventually might end up as a racebike anyways so the full adjustable package would be perfect.

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
are you getting rid of the YZF, or is this a second(or third, in your case) bike?
I personally would go witht the ZX6RR.
all the 600s are always so close it comes down to personal choice.
besides, can these guys be that wrong?

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
Go for the Black 600rr!

Its supposed to be a big increase in power so it might make a good future racebike...

·
Super Moderator
23,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
karl_1052 said:
are you getting rid of the YZF, or is this a second(or third, in your case) bike?
I personally would go witht the ZX6RR.
all the 600s are always so close it comes down to personal choice.
besides, can these guys be that wrong?

THe YZF either might be sold or end up on the track for next year. 50,000 street miles is what its at now (very close like 800 miles away.:D)

·
Registered
177 Posts
EpyonXero said:
Go for the Black 600rr!

Its supposed to be a big increase in power so it might make a good future racebike...
Where did you hear it would be a big increase in power? I heard the motor would be pretty similiar to the f4i...

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
No interest in the Triumph? You mentioned that you want something that isn't seen everywhere.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts