Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Especially with gray tires.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ZREXROB said:
That's from the Tomahawk tire promo I belive.
:laughing

·
Rolling Chicane
8,124 Posts
you ever read the article of the team that tried to run their tires for racing?

Man it's funny :laughing

·
Registered
44 Posts
sig, you think you could find that article... i would love to read it... i wouldn't run those tires within 10 miles of a track!!

·
The Henry Hill of the underground KTM Mafia
4,695 Posts
Garth Dillon does (sponsored CCS West rider) won a championship in 2004 I think albiet not on the Tomahawks

·
Registered
123 Posts
motard

That guy was not that fast, he was holding killboy up thats why he wrecked, so he didn't run into the back of him...watch the video...;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Re: motard

badzrx12 said:
That guy was not that fast, he was holding killboy up thats why he wrecked, so he didn't run into the back of him...watch the video...;)
On a race track I can understand, but on the street??

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Re: motard

badzrx12 said:
I don't think I understand this. Are you talking about the guy on the CBR intentionally wrecking?

·
Registered
44 Posts
no, the guy on the motard checked up and daryll tucked the front trying to get on the brakes in the corner... he said the tires werent an issue----> sounds like tomahawk may have wanted to pull their promo on getting the dvd out. a real brand new tire wouldnt have tucked like that tho... honestly....

·
4,695 Posts
New front tires tuck all the time when presented with the right circumstances Kylbie. I have seen superbike tires tuck in the first 1/3 of a race plenty of times and ya know those tires have plenty of grip ability.
Dont get me wrong I wouldnt use the Tomahawk sport tires again mainly because the rear lasted about half as long as a name brand tire so the cost saving wasnt worth it. When I first got them I thought the rear was a bit squirmy but got used to the feel of it and never had any almost highside type moments. Just my 2 cents.;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
i dont mean a brand new fresh tire.. IMHO i think a NONretread tire would not have tucked... u can dial it up as rider error or equiptment failure. Read the articles from tomahawk, they admit that the tires sucked back in the day? when was this video made...2004? tomahawks werent really that well known back then.. for that matter.. cycle and supply of asheville is a 'mainstream' carrier of tomahawk... not a big market... not at all. at that time, you would have felt safe going that fast thru the gap on a tomahawk tire???

In the article or one post from the Ivan guy at tomahawk it states that they never had to change their front tires in a 6 hour race... when at willow, they had to change 3???

maybe they wont shear and tear like older recaps, but still would u feel comfortable with me passing you (lets pretend here) on the inside if i had a set of the tomahawks... race pace... full lean mid corner????

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
PS- I was pitted next to near that team that was running the Tomahawk tires at the VIR endurance last year. They didnt run those tires the entire time. I remember them either changing to a front or rear Pirelli durung the race. (not sure if it was fron or back) but they didnt run a full set of tomahawks the entire time.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aren't those tires kinda pricey from what i remember?:confused

·
Registered
44 Posts
pricy to a crack addict maybe... they are cheap as shit... i will call my buddy up in trashville and see what he would sell me a set for OTD! i bet a 180/120 set i can get for 160 bucks...

·
4,695 Posts
You can get a set of the non colored ones for less than that. At least I did back in the day when I tried them.
On their website the black sport compounds sell for $69 front and $79 rear plus $18 shipping (for the set)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts