Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother in law lost my bike key and I have to take the ignition out and then take it to a locksmith but I have no clue how to remove it. I thought I could be sent a new key with my VIN # etc, but I guess it doesn't work that way.

I was wondering if someone could help me out? :(

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, we asked but they said that there are over 600 keys and they have no clue where to start. :rolleyes

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
Nuh-uh. They lied. Call another. My dad lost his to his BMW. He had called BMW, they said they would have to call Germany and wait like, a month for a key to get made. He called a locksmith, they came out and did some mold thing of the ignition and made him a new one.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got off the phone with RMC. The dude didn't know what he was talking about.

:rant

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
RMC doesn't know anything. Call a LOCKSMITH.

Pick up phone book
Look under "locksmith"
Pick up phone
Call said "locksmith"
"locksmith" make key and make customer happy - they don't need to know anything about bikes, just that you need a key made

:D

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I called back and spoke with the Parts Manager and he is able to look into my file and get the PDI slip which has my keycode number which I will take to the locksmith instead of taking the ignition out to get the number from underneath.

Thank for the help, Plummy. ;)

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Don't you gots two sets of keys for your bike?

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
FYI, in general, you have to remove the triple clamp to access a special screw (i think it was a torx on the RR) on the bottom that holds in the ignition.

·
Poop fart poop.
2,134 Posts
hot4speed said:
Yeah, we asked but they said that there are over 600 keys and they have no clue where to start. :rolleyes

they have a huge set of keys, and dont know how to use it? :confused

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope. I know, ridiculous. :shake

1 - 12 of 12 Posts