Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone. i'm the owner of a gsxr 600, but i'm also looking in to buying a yamaha v max. For those laid back days. But i want a cruiser that has the power and speed i like. so i thought the v max, would be the best suited one for me. But i wanted to see if i could get some feed back from anyone who owns one. that way i can find out the ups and downs on this bike. i don't want to ask a dealer, cause they won't give the full outlook on the bike. So if anyone could give me info I would be very greatful.

thanks.
gixer6

·
Registered
9 Posts
Downside, lack of good sized fuel tank, and somewhat shady handling characteristics. But the handling can be fixed for not that much money. The fuel tank on the other hand........

·
Registered
700 Posts
Cons - You are going to be lucky to get 100 miles on a tank. Handling in the twisties could be better but is still better than some of the cruisers. Stock headlight isn't the brightest but there is an inexpensive fix by buying a relay. Stock seat has a weird shape and puts pressure where no other motorcycle seat does. Long outdated tire sizes.
Pros - V boost. Once you ride one that pro alone will be enough but here are a few more. Sounds faster than any other cruiser out there while it's sitting at a stop and idling. IS faster than any other cruiser out there including Triumphs new one regardless what the mags state. Has been around forever so there are aftermarket parts galore. Abundant places to look for info or suggestions. Did I mention the V boost.
I may be a bit jaded since I have owned two with the last one being sold last May with over 60,000 miles and still putting 121 HP to the rear wheel. You can check out my site for a couple pictures of what mine looked like. I am also looking for another one and will probably buy one this summer. If you have any questions just ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts