Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I went to bed at 8 and got home at 11
17,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you need further proof that the human race is doomed because of stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods:

On a Sears hairdryer : “Do not use while sleeping.” (darn, that’s the only time I have to work on my hair!)
On a bag of Fritos : “You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside.” (the shoplifter special?!?!?)
On a bar of Dial soap : “Directions: Use like regular soap.” (and that would be????.....)
On some Swanson frozen dinners : “Serving suggestion: Defrost.” (but that’s just a suggestion!)
On Tesco’s Tiramisu dessert (printed on the bottom): “Do not turn upside down.” (um… a little late?)
On Mark & Spencer bread pudding : “Product will be hot after heating.” (…. and you thought….)
On packaging for a Rowenta iron : “Do not iron clothes on body.” (but wouldn’t that save me time?)
On Boot’s Children Cough Medicine : “Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication.” (we could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-old with head-colds off those forklifts)
On Nytol Sleep Aid : “Warning: May cause drowsiness.” (and I’m taking this because…..)
On most brands of Christmas lights : “For indoor or outdoor use.” (as oppossed to…..)
On a Japanese food processor : “Not to be used for the other use.” :confused
On Sunsbury’s peanuts : “Warning: contains nuts.” (talk about a news flash!)
On an American Airlines packet of nuts : “Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts.” (…. really!)
On a children’s Superman Halloween costume : “Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly.” :laughing
On a Swedish chainsaw : “Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals.” (…was there a lot of this happening somewhere?!?!?) :eek

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
The Christmas lights one seems reasonable to me. The others-:laughing Does the chainsaw one really exist?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
“Do not iron clothes on body.”

Bout time someone told me, It hurts when I do that.... :shake

·
The hardest button to button.
9,942 Posts
The result of an overly litigious society.....but funny nonetheless:laughing

·
Registered
744 Posts
Not incompetent more like not accountable. Everything is written to keep the vulture lawyers at bay.

·
Doin' the things a particle can...
37,282 Posts
um... "do not stop using hands or GENITALS???"

wtf :eek

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
hmm... thats interesting...

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Its sad they have to put it there but someones prolly stupid enough to do it and then sue for a lot of money because the manufacturere didnt tell them it would be dangerous:rolleyes

Tom

·
Registered
16,960 Posts
In law school, our tort professor bought a beach ball just for class. One of the panels (and it was a BIG ball) was totally covered in legal disclaimers. :shocked :laughing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts