Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to buy some boots this past friday.

Went to my favorite local gear shop to try on the Side Vert II's and the Alpinestar SMX Plus.

SMX Plus: For my size foot (US 11) that boot is just way too bulky on the exterior. Comfy, but felt like I was wearing clodhoppers. I didn't think I would feel comfortable shifting and moving my feet around on the pegs with them.

Sidi Vert II's: Nice form fitting sleek boot with good protection. My feet swam in 46, so I tried a 45. My left foot felt kinda tight, but the 46 was way too big. I felt that there was enough room for break in and then they would be super comfy.

I got the Sidi Vert II's in 45.

So me and my riding buddy relax that night and watch a movie with a few Guiness'. I wear the boots while watching the movie to break them in for the weekends ride. The left foot hurt a little bit at first, but that has happened before with other sport oriented boots on me so I know it will break in.

So Friday night goes by and we leave Saturday for a ride from Albany, NY to Springfield, MA. Boots feel good, left one loosened up quite a bit and feels pretty good now.

Get to MA. Left big toenail kinda sore, hmm ok well we'll see. Sunday go to get dressed to ride back to Albany. Lo and behold the left boot is a 44, so that is why it felt funny.

And all that time I thought, "wow, I never thought my left foot was that much bigger than my right"

LOL, so now I have to take more time to go get it switched rather than riding after work.

Well, buyer beware I guess.

SBLars

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
oh my! :shake

I've never heard of that happening with boots, but there's a first time for everything...I am sure you'll have no isses getting that resolved.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's pretty wild.

I've been using/enjoying the Sidi Vertebra's for awhile but I bought a pair of the SMX Plus' from newenough.com the other day (they were waaay cheap) so, I hope they aren't as bad as you described! I'll know when I actually get 'em in a couple of days.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Resolved this afternoon. I called ahead and they even kept the door unlocked for me (closed at 5:30, got there at 5:37). Switched boots and I was on my way again.

Boy does this 45 feel alot better than that 44.

I wear size 11 (US), so the SMX Plus felt bulky cause I have large feet compared to the average male I suppose.

You may love em. I didn't have my bike there to try them out on, so I went with the safer choice, less bulky.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, I love my sidi's but they're starting to wear out (thaks to my recent streak of crashing) and the SMX Plus' were so cheap that I decided to give 'em a shot. Besides, if I didn't like 'em I figured I could always just keep 'em around as spares (nothing worse than missing a race because of something stupid like that).

If I had been paying new prices I probably would have just bought another pair of Sidi's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts