Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Thanks for having us all these years, Rez. Best o
20,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.zillow.com/

Everyone here at work today has been playing with it and it seems pretty accurate. A few people who recently got HELOCs, etc. say it matches what the bank told them they were worth.

·
Official Thread Killer
5,057 Posts
Got my parents house right! That is pretty cool... Will be using this when I go buy my house.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
it's not very accurate at all for my neighborhood. i checked it out a few days ago and the nature of this neighborhood really screws up their estimates. because 3 blocks can change a house price by 15% this close to the water.

·
I give girls cancer.
7,928 Posts
thunderex said:
it's not very accurate at all for my neighborhood. i checked it out a few days ago and the nature of this neighborhood really screws up their estimates. because 3 blocks can change a house price by 15% this close to the water.
My neighborhood is the same way and it pegged them pretty accurately. :shrug

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Impressive... i just sold my house two hours ago :)woot), and it got the value to within 1% :clap

...dave
:redcreep

·
my dirt bike has slicks
7,323 Posts
Totally off in the neighborhoods I've been looking at. And always low.

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
it was $50K off of mine
doh!

edit: thats what the county thinks its worth tax wise though....

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
way off on mine, but it is new... I'll give the site a break. :)

Edit: It goes off tax assessment. Considering I just sold my last house for 100k more than they just valued it at, I'd say it's a bit off. :)

·
Moderator,
11,006 Posts
Ian said:
It goes off tax assessment.
No it doesn't. Tax assessment on my FIL's house is $506,900 but the site says it's valued at $663,773.

Tax assessment on the townhouse we sold 5 yrs ago is $280,570 but the site says it's valued at $386,093.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Well it's off for my neighborhood. I'm closing on this house next week, and I sold it for about $70k more than that site values it at. :laughing

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
We just paid $224k and it says our house is $139k. Nothing within the past 20 years around here is going for less than $165k, and they're smaller and in worse neighborhoods.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts