Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watch this on Discovery. Watching it now and seems pretty cool. I find it amazing on what a fire can do and how it moves like it's alive and thinking. Crazy. Reminds me of the fires we had around here back in 99. With how dry it's been lately they been putting watches up. Find that kinda funny after all the rain and flooding we had just this last summer with the hurricanes.

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
yeah wildfires are powerful things. I was a wildland firefighter for 3 summers back in the early 90's. Fun memories. I should scan all my photos one day.

The moment that impressed me the most was standing on a hill, about 1/2 of a mile away from another hill. that other hill lit up, from top to bottom (maybe 100' tall?) in less than 5 seconds. even with a 1/2mile air between the hills, the radiated heat was so hot I had to turn away to keep my face from getting burned. Amazing.

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
Steel Chicken said:
yeah wildfires are powerful things. I was a wildland firefighter for 3 summers back in the early 90's. Fun memories. I should scan all my photos one day.

The moment that impressed me the most was standing on a hill, about 1/2 of a mile away from another hill. that other hill lit up, from top to bottom (maybe 100' tall?) in less than 5 seconds. even with a 1/2mile air between the hills, the radiated heat was so hot I had to turn away to keep my face from getting burned. Amazing.
and what do you know, you call your Firestorm a superhawk.:redflip

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
no, its a uberhawk!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts