Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are you talking for your helmet or your bike. If you are talking helmet I do for my Arai helmet and love it!!! The gold color matches the bike nice!! :D

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... i was actually asking about for the bike.

But, I did just get a new Arai helmet. I had heard something about the Arai iridium shields losing their finish or something?? :confused
(which is one of the reasons why I wanted to see if anybody had one of these windscreens, to see if anybody has had that problem with it)

Have you had any problems with your shield?

·
Dark Lord
2,071 Posts
diamond said:
Well... i was actually asking about for the bike.

But, I did just get a new Arai helmet. I had heard something about the Arai iridium shields losing their finish or something?? :confused
(which is one of the reasons why I wanted to see if anybody had one of these windscreens, to see if anybody has had that problem with it)

Have you had any problems with your shield?
I had an irdium faceshield for my quantum/f. I loved the helmet, but the iridium, it only lasted 1 month. Got all scracthed up.

Mark

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a blue iridium on my Arai, no problems, fading, any of that. Awsome Shield.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This kinda went out of the direction of the thread starter, but where can you get an iridium face shield for and Arai?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
the problem with iridum sheilds is that they are a softer material than anything else this is why arai wont make sheilds with irridum

and if you say you got an original arai irriudim shield you were lied to. their are people out there that put the irruidum on arai clear sheilds. trust me i looked into this one.

as for the bike like stated above there are people that put it on face sheilds why not bike sheilds but it goes like this you have to be very careful when cleaning. i had a sheild for an hjc i had and i completely took the right side yellow off. it was plain water and it came right off. but i paid 25 $ and it lasted two years. but whos to say it would last that long for you

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll just go with a smoke or dark smoke windscreen. Can you still see through the dark smoke? :confused

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have one on mine and its nice for sure had it 3 yrs and no scatches and im not exactly nice to it

·
Registered
571 Posts
Man, was it hard to order that screen from Japan? I would like one for my gixxer 1000, but I couldn't find a part number or anything. I assume I can use the same part number you did. How much was it also?

·
Registered
360 Posts
the irridium visors for the arai helmets are sh*t! my cuz has one and its all screwed up. it scratches too easy, acid rain WILL actually make the tint deteriorate......plus, i think the black visors look better on the helmets.......unless its on an auto racing helmet....those irridium visors look sick! Paul Tracy's helmet and Micheal Shumachers are wicked too!
- RX7rr Collin Edwards replica (the real one)
-RX7rr4 Kenny Roberts replica:ar15 :redflip

·
Registered
35 Posts
Honda makes oem iridium screens in europe. There was a guy selling them on ebay. I cant see any of his auctions up right now though, (username is davidsilverspares or something like that). I bought one for my f3, but havent put it on. I wrecked the f3 right before it arrived.

I will see if i can snap some pics of it.

Steven

1 - 20 of 28 Posts