Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
The aftermarket ones have an iridium coating on the outside and they are prone to scratching/chipping like the lockhart blinkers, and visors.

The honda oem one does not have a painted iridium coating on the outside..... I think it is something mixed in with the plastic when molding the piece kinda like a pearl coat layed down before the final clearcoat on a paintjob.

anyways, they are honda oem pieces in europe. I purchased this one from ebay user silverspares and had it imported. He sells alot of honda nos parts, dunno if he buys old stock from dealers or what.....

His website is

DAVIDSILVERSPARES.COM

He didnt have this listed on his website, i just bought it off ebay and payed to import it here......

The honda oem part number for the f3 iridium screen is
08R80-MAL-800

I tried to run the part number through parts fish and ron ayers and neither came up with anything.

·
Registered
360 Posts
that wind screen looks sick!..........i just dont like them on the lids..(helmet) scratch too easy. but i guess that would too.....but looks good.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
diamond said:
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I'll just go with a smoke or dark smoke windscreen. Can you still see through the dark smoke? :confused
I used to have a darker windscreen on the bike, seeing through it was a problem, it's like wearing dark sunglasses at night. I have dark one now, but it's less dark than the original one I had. :shake I can see through it, even when it gets darker out but then again, I don't need to see through it usually, even when I crouch behind it to hide from the wind (too tall :laughing).

Did ya figure out what your getting yet?

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nah, I'm waiting for the Chicago Cycle Show. I'm hoping to see things first hand and make my mod decisions there.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
diamond said:
Nah, I'm waiting for the Chicago Cycle Show. I'm hoping to see things first hand and make my mod decisions there.
Going to that too huh? :D Can't wait....I think that's in Feb though. It was last year. I need a new helmet. I was looking for my old windscreen and my new one, to show ya the difference in dark colors. Can't find the photos. :shake

·
Fuelled by Rice
461 Posts
iridium

Like your face shield, the windscreen would fade and not be as dark over time. However, if the manufacturers were smart and added a uv coating to it then you might not have to worry about it.

My 2cts:evilgrin

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Re: iridium

racerboy88 said:
. However, if the manufacturers were smart and added a uv coating to it then you might not have to worry about it.

My 2cts:evilgrin
you know that they are only in it to make money. so if a product last a little while they consumer might buy it again

·
Registered
16,187 Posts
I have a few here too, that I have not got on the TT site yet. The Irr silver for the 2002 R1, and CBR mirrored screen, with CBR etched into the sides (Way cool) and some irr for the gixxers etc...

I'll have to get some pics and prices up ASAP...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts