Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

should you HAVE to buy something for your s/o for valentines day?

• yes

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • no

Votes: 48 90.6%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
serenity now
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well? we had an agreement not to buy anything for each other since we are both broke college students, and apparently her friends think i am a selfish asshole since i just spent $300 to get my concealed handgun license (which was money i had been saving for this for over a year). this is so fucking frustrating....id rather be single and not have to deal with this shit :mad :mad :mad :mad

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
It shouldn't be...:shake

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
ed and i aren't.

he got new tires for both the bikes, i got my mp3 player a couple of weeks ago. :shrug we needed/wanted them... wasn't a true vday present ....

you could get her a card and give her a massage.

·
serenity now
6,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zlicius said:
ed and i aren't.

he got new tires for both the bikes, i got my mp3 player a couple of weeks ago. :shrug we needed/wanted them... wasn't a true vday present ....

you could get her a card and give her a massage.
the thing is, i am still paying for her xmas gifts and birthday gift which was less than two weeks ago :mad :rolleyes

i'm already in debt up to my ears, fuck this :rant :rant

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Put ya foot down or put it somewhere else :laughing

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
:lol

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
No. It's not a crime to not "get" something, especially if you two agree to it. However, I'm making Wade something for Valentine's. ;) (just throwing an alternative idea out that doesn't require alot of money)

·
Two Wheel Addict
485 Posts
ninja_steve said:
apparently her friends think i am a selfish asshole
Like you should give a rat's ass about what they say. If you generally treat her right don't sweat it. If they're trying to poision your relationship (and she's letting it happen!), then your best off finding someone else.

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
Give your gf some dick and bubble gum and let friends keep talking shit :shrug

·
Have you seen Pauldun's frakking awesome post?
9,765 Posts
timy said:
Give your gf some dick and bubble gum
just not in the same orifice at the same time

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
fatbuckRTO said:
just not in the same orifice at the same time
Are you crazy that is the best fucking part.....Stick a wad gum in the hole of Mr. One Eye and you don't even have to wear a condom.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
At this time there are 15 for no and 1 for yes. Ok, who voted yes?

·
Rollin' & Trippin'
21,601 Posts
It wasn't me! I didn't vote. I didn't even notice it was a poll! :lmao

Damn, my daughter must be rubbing off on me. :shake

·
ReelSolid.TV
9,056 Posts
ninja_steve said:
well? we had an agreement not to buy anything for each other since we are both broke college students.....
well... there it is, right there. :shrug

you're in the clear. under "regular" circumstances, it's not a crime not to get your SO something.... however...

a crime might happen TO YOU if you don't get your SO something. :D :spinning :badass

·
Moderator,
12,930 Posts
My wife and I agreed a long time ago not to exchange anything on Valentine's Day.

I do, however, get my daughters cards and some candy.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I would say no you dont have to GET her anything, but I would think that you should still do something special for her like cook dinner or something to that effect. As long as it is appreciated then it should be well worth you time. Of course if she demanded something be bought for her for valentines day then that would be a different story....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts