Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Buzzard King
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished reading the article in the latest Cycle World about the the Z1000. That's about the biggest piece of shit article I believe I've read in quite some time!

So I figured I'd read the article on Kevin Schwantz's riding school to get the bad taste out of my mouth. PHEWY!

I suddenly realized that it's been a LONG time since I've read an issue of Cycle World I've thoroughly enjoyed. What gives?

Seems like all their articles are just fluff these days. Where's the beef? Even the infallible Kevin Cameron seems to be running on three cylinders lately.

It's gotta be me. I can't imagine that a magezine I've so thoroughly enjoyed for so many years has suddenly just gone to shit.

Not that it matters to me (and certainly not to throw this into the P & R forum), but I was surprised to see the big GD used in the two articles I read. That ought to make for some interesting letters in next month's issue!

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
its not just you...
I prefer Motorcyclist now...

·
Registered
440 Posts
ziadel said:
its not just you...
I prefer Motorcyclist now...
same here

·
Registered
188 Posts
There are mags out there that are devoted to dirt bikes so I don't understand why thy focus so much on off road bikes. Thats my only gripe.:(

·
Registered
236 Posts
Peter Egan's articles are about the only thing I read out of that mag.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
rrguy said:
There are mags out there that are devoted to dirt bikes so I don't understand why thy focus so much on off road bikes. Thats my only gripe.:(

prolly cause they dun have the money to start a dirt magazine...
motorcyclist did that...
dirt riding is VERY popular now too...

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Cycle Worlds pretty good for some pretty pictures and the nice occassional custom job, like that CB750 cruiser from a while back:

but for me, Road Runner has the best stories and reviews out there.

·
It's good to be the king
4,427 Posts
Cycle World is alot of fluff. I'd rather read Motorcyclist or Sport Rider any day. Hell i'll take Performance bikes over any of 'em. Only bad thing is sometimes I cant tell what the hell those British guys are saying. :laughing I'm not up on their slang terms.

But the reason I think Cycleworld is falling is cause of the Editor David Edwards. I think he leans more towards the older bike rather than sportbikes. Even their comparo tests are crap.

Deuce

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Road Racing World ONLY! the rest of it even the UK stuff is all biased trash!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Casket Crew said:
Road Racing World ONLY! the rest of it even the UK stuff is all biased trash!
Bro what's wrong with you? :confused I gave up on damn near all the US rags (except for RRW) years ago. The Brit mags kick ass no exception. The write-ups are a refreshing change from the endless pages of drivel we get over here...hell, they even have topless chicks. :thumbup Try and get that in politically-correct America! :shake

·
Buzzard King
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Deuce said:
But the reason I think Cycleworld is falling is cause of the Editor David Edwards. I think he leans more towards the older bike rather than sportbikes. Even their comparo tests are crap.
You may be onto something. Those guys are getting pretty old and out of touch. :(

·
Registered
8,677 Posts
I stopped subscribing to that magazine a long time ago. :shake

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts
rrguy said:
that is because it is a 40 page ad for honda dirtbikes.

that mag blows chunks. I wouldn't mind reading about the aligator, but cannot put up with the other shit.

·
It's good to be the king
4,427 Posts
zrx24 said:
You may be onto something. Those guys are getting pretty old and out of touch. :(

It's time to get some new blood in over at Cycleword. Either that or they are gonna end up catering to the ultra conservative men and women over the age of 45. I remember just a few months ago when there was literally an uproar because of a Hine Gericke ad where the model had on a thong. I mean several people wrote in totally disgusted. I thought the ad was the best damn part of the magazine. The rest was gabage.

Deuce

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
YZFRob said:
Cycle World still has a magazine?:confused

yupp, besides the editorials in the front, its just all the same crud...

sheesh
MOtorcyclist does not have editorials nearly as good, but their content is a LOT better...

·
Registered
12,619 Posts
I subscribe to Motorcyclist, CycleWorld, Rider and Mens Fitness.

I don't like to read that much, so I just end up looking at the pictures. Yes, Motorcyclist has the best pictures.:D

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
become ?

I prefer BIKE

1 - 20 of 21 Posts