Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Forum Administrator,
5,742 Posts
I dunno?:shrug I just dropped in to see WTH goes on in this neck of the woods. :hi

:redflip

·
Registered
462 Posts
There don't seem to be many of us here. BUt there are quite few other boards that are just Ducati related.

If I have questions I usually post them on the spefice boards. I guess others probably do the same thing.

Either that or we are just way to cool to hang out with the lowly Triumph guys :p

·
How 'bout you go get the ball
2,228 Posts
I wouldn't show my face either if I rode a Duc!!!!:redflip

That was just a joke don't get your silk boxers in a bunch!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
There are still a few Duc owners around. :D

Aprilia and Triumph certainly are popular these days. I think the
new (horrendous) styling on the Ducs is partially to blame. They
should lynch the guy who moved Ducati away from the classical
lines of the mid-90s models.

I posted pics up when we were still on SBN. I'll try to throw a
few up here as well tonight.

Also, ducati.infopop.net is a popular Ducati hangout.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Well, I'm here. Just don't post much under this section. I ask questions on the Ducati Index. Just wish they would go to registration to keep the dumbasses out of there.

But I agree, doesn't seem like many Ducati owners on CF or the late SBN for that matter.

·
slowest duc rider EVAR!
2,326 Posts
Im here...though i don't really count as owning a bike anymore *sigh* but yeah, when i have duc. related Q's, i go straight to the duc specific forums.

as for the new superbike styling...have you seen it in person yet? it's a lot better than you think!

i'll be willing to bet 100bucks that once the new ones are out on the streets...ppl will change their [email protected]

·
Cranky Euro-Gnome
1,344 Posts
Whats a Ducati?:confused :confused

BwaaaHaaaa:D :p :cool
Yes, the ranks are a little thin but like you said, we are still newborns here.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Agree that the 999 looks a hell of lot better in person. When I first saw the mag photos I was disappointed, but when I saw it in person, I was impressed. Can't explain why the difference.

·
Registered
751 Posts
SilverSurfer said:
....or do we have a severe lack of Ducati representation here? :confused
Seems that way.. I don't know how the 999 styling has anything to do with it though! I'm really looking forward to seeing the new hypersports for myself.

Still loving my Supersport!

:D

·
Registered
39 Posts
OK, I just un-Triumphed...Sold my Daytona, which I thought I'd never do, and got an 02 Monster 900ie. It got to the point that if I took enough painkillers to spend more than a couple hours on the Daytona, I couldn't ride anyway. The Monster's a whole new deal to me- different power, different handling, doesn't heat up and cook my legs in traffic, and I don't have to get off and stretch every 30-40 miles. I really enjoyed my Daytona, it hurt to let it go, but not as much as it hurt to ride it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ah well I understand my son. Yes the speed triple is a wonderful and friendly bike... (I'd take one in a heartbeat) but, the allure of the sensual Italian wenches can be irresistable. I know - I got allured meself.

Great pick mate.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I suppose I can understand that. My list, of bikes to own before I die, has a 900sssp on it. Someday, in addition to the Super III. I don't think I could get rid of it for the Duc.

·
Moderator,
8,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, that's interesting. I never considered that the Sp3 has the same leg ergos as a sportbike. Granted the Triumph has a lot of leg room for a sportbike, but probably not for a standard.

How is the Ducs seat-to-pegs different? Is it more forward, lower, or both?

·
Registered
238 Posts
who the helll would want a ducati anyway.too many problems with maintance and adjusting the valves every what is it 4500 miles.i had one once.and that was enough.i am sworn off of them.and know that i will have a triumph dealer only 10 miles from my home i am even happer.:D :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts