Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read this on the CMRA board and realized we have a Rizla rep guy here on CF. I'm not sure it is the same person but I've seen him at the track with his Rizla replica GSXR but I never knew his name.

Apparently he had a pretty bad crash in turn 1/2 at TWS this past Monday. This is an update from Steve McNamara:

"We left the hospital around 8:30pm and Andy Wesson is doing pretty well.
He has 2 small fractures in his lower back but nothing that will require any surgery. Everything else was soft tissue and mostly soreness"

Glad Andy is doing good. Get better soon.

·
Support TC or fly like a fairy!
2,748 Posts
I've met Andy, I bought a set of take-offs from but I'm not sure Wesson is his last name, I know he goes by Rizla on this board, cool dude, has a bad ass truck, get well if it is you Andy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i sold andy a few parts for his bike, i didnt hear he crashed. i hope he gets well soon. glad to hear he didnt get too broken...tws can get nasty.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
xSPITFIREx said:
i sold andy a few parts for his bike, i didnt hear he crashed. i hope he gets well soon. glad to hear he didnt get too broken...tws can get nasty.
Hey West-e what are you doing here. Aren't you suppose to be out in Fontana with the rest of the folks.?

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
i think it's the same person

jeffLSTDUPDATE ON ANDY AND TIM

Andy is in solid shape and his condition is not as serious as we had originally feared. We went by the hospital after the event and visited both Andy and Tim. Andy actually made a joke about getting stuff back together for his bike!! Tim will need some TLC on his right shoulder for a while and has some sore ribs and waist area, but all in all, ok and has checked out! :notworthy

·
Registered
23,150 Posts
jeffLSTD said:
Andy on the Rizla Suzuki (who had the hi-speed crash) had a bridge for his upper teeth and it came out. So what you were seeing and people were hearing about were false teeth and his gums got aggrivated from the impact when his bridge was knocked out. All things considered, he is in good spirits and has already checked out of the hospital.

·
Registered
52 Posts
mnellis said:
Hey West-e what are you doing here. Aren't you suppose to be out in Fontana with the rest of the folks.?
hey nellis, i thought of you today when eating at fazolis. how are ya? i heard you got a 1000! sweet i got one too. i cant wait to get some seat time on it, i just got finished building it. I wish i could've gone to fontana...but that is for the dunlop test only...i wish i was on the lops, those are like cheater tires in the ama. you gonna be at ohr? if so...i'll see ya there.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
xSPITFIREx said:
hey nellis, i thought of you today when eating at fazolis. how are ya? i heard you got a 1000! sweet i got one too. i cant wait to get some seat time on it, i just got finished building it. I wish i could've gone to fontana...but that is for the dunlop test only...i wish i was on the lops, those are like cheater tires in the ama. you gonna be at ohr? if so...i'll see ya there.
Yes, I got a GSXR1000 but it's only an '04 not like the '05-06 like you probably have so my fat ass will still be down some HP since the motor is stock.

I'm still doing a bunch of last minute work to get it ready and, unfortunately, I won't have it painted in time for OH so it's gonna look like a beater with the grey primer paint job. I should have it painted for the 2nd event.

I'm a little worried. The first time I will have put any time on the bike is the practice on Saturday.....scary.

·
Registered
52 Posts
mnellis said:
Yes, I got a GSXR1000 but it's only an '04 not like the '05-06 like you probably have so my fat ass will still be down some HP since the motor is stock.

I'm still doing a bunch of last minute work to get it ready and, unfortunately, I won't have it painted in time for OH so it's gonna look like a beater with the grey primer paint job. I should have it painted for the 2nd event.

I'm a little worried. The first time I will have put any time on the bike is the practice on Saturday.....scary.
yea, ohr is gonna be tough on a 1000, my motor will still be stock at ohr (thank god) but hopefully will have some motor work done for daytona. i havent even ridden mine on the track yet, but if plans and weather permit...we are renting the track at msr cresson early next week..hopefully tuesday...to get some seat time in...you can roll out there too if you want. i just gotta throw on my new suspension at raceworx and she'll be done!...i'm excited about riding this beast.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
xSPITFIREx said:
yea, ohr is gonna be tough on a 1000, my motor will still be stock at ohr (thank god) but hopefully will have some motor work done for daytona. i havent even ridden mine on the track yet, but if plans and weather permit...we are renting the track at msr cresson early next week..hopefully tuesday...to get some seat time in...you can roll out there too if you want. i just gotta throw on my new suspension at raceworx and she'll be done!...i'm excited about riding this beast.
Thanks for the offer at MSR. I might take you up on it if I can work the time out. I take it that Jim is doing the AK20's on your front. I'll be anxious to hear your opinion on them. I thought I would have time to get my forks done but that's not going to happen before the first race either so I'll be on a stock front end. As you said, at Oak Hill, it won't matter much since the front end probably won't see much time on the ground. :)

I'm still waiting on my fairing stay which should be here on Monday fi things go right and I can finish mounting the fairing.

I'll let you know if I can make it on Tuesday. It's been since October since I've had any real track time. Not good.

·
Registered
52 Posts
mnellis said:
Thanks for the offer at MSR. I might take you up on it if I can work the time out. I take it that Jim is doing the AK20's on your front. I'll be anxious to hear your opinion on them. I thought I would have time to get my forks done but that's not going to happen before the first race either so I'll be on a stock front end. As you said, at Oak Hill, it won't matter much since the front end probably won't see much time on the ground. :)

I'm still waiting on my fairing stay which should be here on Monday fi things go right and I can finish mounting the fairing.

I'll let you know if I can make it on Tuesday. It's been since October since I've had any real track time. Not good.
jim will do the ak20's on the bike for ohr but i should have the new traxxion gas charged forks for daytona. hopefully they work out, cause they were xspensive! if your upperstay dosent make it in, i have an extra vortex you can borrow if you need it, or a stock one. let me know

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's OK.
Yes I am the same person you read about.
I have a fracture of the C1 vetebrate in my neck and the T5/T6 in my back plus a cracked rib and some really pretty brusies.
I'm out for the year but that will give me time to part my bike out and save for a new one.
see ya,
Andy

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rizla said:
It's OK.
Yes I am the same person you read about.
I have a fracture of the C1 vetebrate in my neck and the T5/T6 in my back plus a cracked rib and some really pretty brusies.
I'm out for the year but that will give me time to part my bike out and save for a new one.
see ya,
Andy
Glad you're doing good Andy. From what I heard everybody was pretty worried about you. Let me know if you need anything.

As for Nellis and WestE... :kickballs

:redflip

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Somebody had to liven up this "love fest" of a thread. :)

Damn! Interject some good talk about motorcycle racing stuff and look at the grief you get. :redflip :laughing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts