Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,498 Posts
ninja_steve said:
rob, do you have any idea why the governed speed is 186mph of all speeds? ive always wanted to know.
Thank the European Union for it. Either Kawi and Suzuki "voluntarily" limited them to 186mph/300km/ph or they wouldnt be allowed to sell cycles in EU countries. Being now the EU is the largest consumer of motorcycles now (US still is if you go country vs country), the mfgrs will listen. Be glad it was 186, because 155 was brought up also.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!!
6,201 Posts
Shane said:
The 12 will accelerate harder to a point.......it has more HP stock than the Busa, but the Busa's aerodynamics are far superior...........

That pretty much covers. The ZX12 is definately not lacking in the engine department. Its aeros just suck compared the Hayabusa...

·
GOOOOOO!!!!!! Colin!
1,287 Posts
ZXLNT said:
That pretty much covers. The ZX12 is definately not lacking in the engine department. Its aeros just suck compared the Hayabusa...
yeah but its the better looking bike of the two.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
thunderex said:
:laughing just so you know, that's not runninhorn in his avatar. :crackup

great first post though. welcome. :redflip
dammit! I almost had him going!:redflip :crackup

·
Registered
295 Posts
10R?

Why has no one brought up the fact that the new 10R has higher dyno numbers and weighs less than both these 2 bikes? I don't know what it's top speed is, but it's got to be on the heels if not ahead of them... Comments?

Omzig10

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
Re: 10R?

The last corrected dyno numbers I saw for the 10R it was actually a little less than 150, or right around it. Aside from that, as they say, there is no replacement for displacement.
Omzig10 said:
Why has no one brought up the fact that the new 10R has higher dyno numbers and weighs less than both these 2 bikes? I don't know what it's top speed is, but it's got to be on the heels if not ahead of them... Comments?

Omzig10

·
It's not Rocket appliances.
19,663 Posts

Omzig10 said:

Omzig10
new sport rider said 186mph(did not mention anything about electronics on the 10R or R1, but did for the GSXR and CBR).

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!!
6,201 Posts

Omzig10 said:

Omzig10

It may be fairly close in horsepower but it will NEVER match the torque of a big displacement bike. Hell all bikes are ungodly fast nowadays.. Just pick your flavor.

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
Soon all the litre bikes will hit the 186 govenor like the 12 and busa so soon we'll have about 7 bikes as the present fastest production bikes on the planet........

hasn't the 12 been the fastest production bike so far for the past couple of years after the governor limit anyway :confused

I thought 187 or 189 was there high number compared to the busa's lately 186 or 187 :confused

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
timy said:
Soon all the litre bikes will hit the 186 govenor like the 12 and busa so soon we'll have about 7 bikes as the present fastest production bikes on the planet........

hasn't the 12 been the fastest production bike so far for the past couple of years after the governor limit anyway :confused

I thought 187 or 189 was there high number compared to the busa's lately 186 or 187 :confused
Yes the 12 has been faster since the '02 redesign.

I'd bet into the triple digits the hyper bikes would pull away from the liter bikes a bit though. As I witnessed last weekend with a 12 and 10 going at it in 6th gear.

·
Registered
24,114 Posts
nedragr said:
Interesting read if you have the time. Very good article.
http://www.suzukishowcase.com/street/grudge/index.html
Got the mag at home....

I think they should have had another rider there also....
It looked like Richards couldn't launch the bike that well...
and there were clutch issues and also the seat.....
Too many things working agianst the 12 in that test.....

·
Registered
693 Posts
Ian said:
Yes the 12 has been faster since the '02 redesign.

I'd bet into the triple digits the hyper bikes would pull away from the liter bikes a bit though. As I witnessed last weekend with a 12 and 10 going at it in 6th gear.
No doubt.

We just did another one the other night from third gear. The 10R was close, but I never saw it in front or even next to me in a run to 150. Once the 12R spools to about 7500K where it makes the "power" (like it doesn't below that), the liter bike doesn't seem to have the steam. This is a stock for stock comparisson. Gotta say though, that 10R has got some balls, cause it really was a close race. Note: Riders are about the same in weight.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Strange that people are reporting such a monster, yet that isn't the case. Maybe the motor will loosen up?

Did I mention I hate you guys for riding. :twofinger

·
Super Moderator
23,498 Posts
Ian said:

I'm riding this weekend.:D:D I'll be thinking of you while riding,,,,

NOT!:redflip :redflip :redflip

UNless I find a creek.....:nanana

·
Registered
693 Posts
Ian said:
Strange that people are reporting such a monster, yet that isn't the case. Maybe the motor will loosen up?

I got some seat time on it, and I can say it's got balls. It just doesn't have the grunt the 12R does. Very comfy though...at least for the short term I rode it. And when it hits the 8K mark.... lookout!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts