Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ian said:
Strange that people are reporting such a monster, yet that isn't the case. Maybe the motor will loosen up?

Did I mention I hate you guys for riding. :twofinger
I'll make sure I spool the 12 up for ya this weekend. :p She's a beast compared to the other bikes I have, but I've never ridden anything that continues to pull in every gear.

Attachments

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
Um no. You are wrong. It is governed to 186. Aside from that, it can be easily changed by spending 35.00.
covert said:
not a damned clue here, that is the only reason the zx-12 is faster than the busa

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Akilldema said:
What's the story behind that?
:laughing Let's just say Ian was looking for new and inventive ways to wash the bike.

·
Registered
281 Posts
nedragr said:
I'll make sure I spool the 12 up for ya this weekend. :p She's a beast compared to the other bikes I have, but I've never ridden anything that continues to pull in every gear.
A turbo will pull in every gear.:D If you are geared for optimal top speed nothing will pull hard up high in 6th. just put a squid gear ( >+3 on the back and everything pulls ard in 6th up high.

·
enthusiast
486 Posts
Akilldema said:
Um no. You are wrong. It is governed to 186. Aside from that, it can be easily changed by spending 35.00.
Every tester I talked to claimed they could never get it up to 186, and one even went as far to tell me that Suzuki told him it is goverened to 183.

·
One Of God's Own Prototypes
8,300 Posts
Trust me, they lied. Like Ian said that wouldn't make any sense, but, I have always seen that they are limited to 186..Also something to consider, I have seen videos of 1000's and 750's hitting 186, then they stop accelerating , so why would the busa be different?
covert said:
Every tester I talked to claimed they could never get it up to 186, and one even went as far to tell me that Suzuki told him it is goverened to 183.

·
Registered
3 Posts
nevermind, I found out, the BUSA owns the ZX12r
No jt doesn't!! Especially when you're talking about the 2000 which was not top-end speed limited in the 2001 which was not limited until 192 mph and a power commander and some other mods took care of that!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 12 will accelerate harder to a point.......it has more HP stock than the Busa, but the Busa's aerodynamics are far superior...........
you are correct about the 2000 and 2001 ZX12R out accelerating the Visa and not so much correct about top speed aerodynamics because stock my ZX12R would run 192 mph and with the mods it'll run close to 198 at least 196.... If you look at the ZX12R closely it has on the side fairings for lack of a better term airfoils or miniature wings that help push the nose downward so that it doesn't lift the front wheel off the ground at those high mile an hour speeds....

·
Registered
3 Posts
On any given day it will come down to the rider. So very close. The 99 Busa is in Guiness book of world records posting the top speed of what I believe is a 201. But this was done in only one direction of the test
When Kawi brought out the 12, they failed to hand pick, break in the appropriate bike for the magizines. It failed the test, the magizines roasted it, and the 00 model sat.
Muzzy came along and personally broke in a 12 on a dyno and took it to the one mile strip at Maxton and set land speed record of 199.115mph eclipsing the aveage record run of the Busa. Not the top speed, but of the averge run going both directions. 1/2 dozen here 1/2 dozen there, depends on your loyalty and you're likes and dislikes on how a bike should look.

P.S. If you don't think manufactures don't hand pic the machines for the rags, just check the real world dyno numbers compared to those printed.
. I agree 100%, and I am a proud owner of a 2001 ZX12R that has quite a few mods but not turbocharged not supercharged and no nitrous oxide and it will still run crazy speeds because of all the other mods and it was already 192 mph bike before the mods.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts