Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs. Jig got this for me. You know you're all jealous. You just don't want to admit it.

Attachments

·
Moderator,
8,310 Posts
Nice. Derek, do you play the banjo? If you do, you should go audition for "HeeHaw". :redflip

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't learned to play it yet, but I play a little guitar (very little), so I should be able to learn at least some basic stuff. You can get banjos that are strung the same as guitars (EADGBE), but I got a standard banjo instead and the stringing is quite different. All the chord shapes are totally different, but I'll work it out.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
My Dad plays the fiddle, and Im the designated "Barritone" in the family...we are listening to Bluegrass as I type this....

Black Eyed Peas and Hammmmmmhovks every new years for this family.

·
James "finger tight" Rachner
7,216 Posts
Can we make this the offical 'this is what i got for x-mas' thread?!

Ok... good.

My parents kick ass...

Picked up a 8.5 gallon 250 psi air compressor w/ a bunch o' attatchments along with a impact wrench (230 ft/lbs capacity) and air Ratchet (snatcher)!

Also got a dremel tool w/ a big ol' pack of bits for it :D

now you all can come over to work on your bikes at my place :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
My dad plays the banjo and it really is an incredible instrument and very difficult. Way to get a true banjo and not the six string... thats the cheap way to learn how to play ;).

-Kate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.