Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For once I'm happy to be living in Michigan!! Due to the winter storm warnings throughout much of the greater metro-Detroit area, we have been advised not to drive this morning unless we have to.

Well, I sure as hell didn't HAVE to go to work today!! :laughing Most of the company is off on vacation already anyway. And, I have a 30 mile commute, which took 3.5 hours last time we had a snow storm. So my Christmas vacation started yesterday at 1, and I don't have to be back to work until the 3rd of January. :giddy

I took a couple pictures of the snow... don't know exactly how much we have so far, but it's enough! ;)

View out my front door....

Attachments

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A dumb ass in a Mini-Cooper that drove by as I was taking pictures... The snow on the roof of this car is a good indicator of how much we got this morning. Oh, and it's still snowing!

Attachments

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few houses down... the wind is so bad that it knocked this gigundous Grinch over!! Sorry if this one is "blurry" it's through my screen...

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Where in Michigan do you live? I live in Allen Park which is downriver and yea we got dumped on pretty good.

I'm at work though which sux! but it's only a half day and then i'm off until next tuesday which isn't bad.

·
Mama's Little Joey
14,769 Posts
I have off until January 3rd, too. :D :D :D Are you getting the hint or am I being too subtle?:laughing :laughing

You can keep the snow. Right now it's 2.4 degrees outside and sunny as hell.:rolleyes

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Krabill said:
See . . . there are some good points to Michigan ;)
This is the first time in three years tha I'm willing to agree with you (daddy :laughing) because this is the first time I've gotten a snow day!! :D

Merry Christmas, Happy Chaunuka, Happy Kwanza, Happy Solstice, Happy December... everyone!!! :D

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MadcapR6 said:
Where in Michigan do you live? I live in Allen Park which is downriver and yea we got dumped on pretty good.

I'm at work though which sux! but it's only a half day and then i'm off until next tuesday which isn't bad.
I'm in Ferndale (near Royal Oak) but I work in Plymouth. I just spoke to a friend in Plymouth and she said that they declared a snow emergency there.

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jester27 said:
I have off until January 3rd, too. :D :D :D Are you getting the hint or am I being too subtle?:laughing :laughing

You can keep the snow. Right now it's 2.4 degrees outside and sunny as hell.:rolleyes
:laughing

I MIGHT be in Chicago next week. I'm going to see my girls Saturday, until the 29th. :giddy :boogie And unless I come up with something better to do here, I'm going to drive out there from NYE until the 2nd! My friends band is playing NYE at the US Beer Company!

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
2up said:
:laughing

I MIGHT be in Chicago next week. I'm going to see my girls Saturday, until the 29th. :giddy :boogie And unless I come up with something better to do here, I'm going to drive out there from NYE until the 2nd! My friends band is playing NYE at the US Beer Company!
Hmmm . . . I might be in Chicago next week too. Maybe. I'm not sure when exactly I'm heading out there, but sometime soon. Maybe next week, maybe the week after :confused

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JDogg said:
It's 50 degrees here in NY(downstate) and rainy today.

I miss the snow, but it lets me get out and finish my last minute shopping today.
You're going to go shopping today?? :eek I'd hate to be at the malls and am in fact thanking God that I wasn't scheduled at my p/t job since Tuesday.

Krabill said:
Hmmm . . . I might be in Chicago next week too. Maybe. I'm not sure when exactly I'm heading out there, but sometime soon. Maybe next week, maybe the week after :confused
When? If I go, it won't be until the 31st. I'll be in Washington until the 29th.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I want snow! I'm jealous! :)

·
Moderator,
5,464 Posts
2up said:
You're going to go shopping today?? :eek I'd hate to be at the malls and am in fact thanking God that I wasn't scheduled at my p/t job since Tuesday.
Not at the mall - at a couple boutique stores in New Jersey - I'm done with the malls for now - I was at the malls yesterday and they were pretty well packed.

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Angel, you say that 'cause it looks pretty in the pictures. I assure you that if you had to go outside, scrape it off your car, and take an hour to drive to the corner store, you wouldn't be jealous!! :laughing But I'd happily send it to you if I could!!

Krabill, I won't have access to a computer from Saturday until the 29th. I should know by then if I'm going or not.

Jdogg, Ooohhh, boutiques in Jersey!! How fancy schmancy!! :laughing Good that you don't have to go to the mall though. I imagine they are a suckfest today. And tomorrow.

BTW, it's going to be -1F Saturday morning when my flight leaves. And that scares me. Isn't it hard to de-ice planes when it's that cold. Anyone??

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
2up said:
Angel, you say that 'cause it looks pretty in the pictures. I assure you that if you had to go outside, scrape it off your car, and take an hour to drive to the corner store, you wouldn't be jealous!! :laughing But I'd happily send it to you if I could!!
At one of the apartments I was living in up there I had a single mom living next door and since the snow/cold doesn't bother me, I'd always scrape off her car for her in the morning. I didn't even really know her, I'm just nice that way :D

·
Banned
11,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Krabill said:
At one of the apartments I was living in up there I had a single mom living next door and since the snow/cold doesn't bother me, I'd always scrape off her car for her in the morning. I didn't even really know her, I'm just nice that way :D
Ok, instead of my daddy, you could just be my neighbor and that would be cool!! :laughing

·
Registered
12,907 Posts
All I gotta say is....I'm glad I don't live in Ohio anymore. Eeeek! 2up... are you still meeting us on the 26th? Have a safe trip! :thumb

1 - 20 of 29 Posts