Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

What am I going to buy????

• Lexus IS350 - (306hp/277ft-lb, automatic tranny (boo), 4dr sport sedan)

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • 2006 Lexus IS250 - (204ht/185ft-lb, manual tranny, 2dr sport coupe)

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 2006 Infinity G35 - (298hp/260ft-lb, manual tranny, 2dr sport coupe)

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • 2006 BMW 330Ci - (225hp, manual tranny, 2dr sport coupe)

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • 2006 BMW 330i - (255hp, manual tranny, 4dr sport sedan)

Votes: 8 16.3%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Moderator,
12,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welp.. I've had the IS300 for a few years, and I'm beginning to feel that itch again. Lotsa newbies, but it's time again for the guess what Method's gonna buy game!!

So I went test driving today, and have settled on one particular car.

I have to leave early tomorrow to go to NYC, but when I get back, I'm going to test drive two, and make the final decision. However I'm 90% on this one particular car.

Here's the choices:
<ul>
<li>2006 Lexus IS350 - (306hp/277ft-lb, automatic tranny (boo), 4dr sport sedan)
<li>2006 Lexus IS250 - (204ht/185ft-lb, manual tranny, 2dr sport coupe)
<li>2006 Infinity G35 - (298hp/260ft-lb, manual tranny, 2dr sport coupe)
<li>2006 BMW 330Ci - (225hp, manual tranny, 2dr sport coupe)
<li>2006 BMW 330i - (255hp, manual tranny, 4dr sport sedan)
</ul>

I've pretty much decided, but want to hear everyone's thoughts on those cars.

Whaddya think I'm gonna get? (Regardless of what everyone says on here) :redflip

Whaddya think I SHOULD get?

This?

or this?

or this?

or this?

·
Registered
223 Posts
From what I have read, the new IS 350 is an awesome car. It would be right up there with the BMW.

I read a comparison test of alot of these cars not too long ago. IIRC, the BMW took first and the Lexus wasn't far behind. The funny thing was that they reported on some problems they had with the BMW and it still took first.

Of course, alot of mags are biased towards new models. Case in point: Motor Trend car/truck of the year.

·
yo no se
1,206 Posts
You've had cars like that already... Do something different and get one of these when they come out this summer.

2007 Ford Shelby GT500

5.4-liter, DOHC, 32-valve, 90-degree V-8
475 horsepower, 475 lb.-ft. of torque (estimated)
Roots-type Eaton supercharger and air-to-water intercooler
Iron block, Ford GT aluminum heads, dual exhaust
Tremec TR6060 6-speed manual transmission

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Infiniti FX35, same skid pad rating as the Audi TT quatro. I take this thing around corners faster than I will on my bike. Granted I'm a slow mofo on the bike.

PS; I'm doing a project here in Montana near the famous Hwy 12 and it's 77+ miles of twisty bliss. Any of you be-iechs plan on making it over here this spring or summer send me a PM.

Attachments

·
Moderator,
12,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
briF4i said:
i'm torn between the 330i and the new IS350. If the IS came in a stick it would be perfect
That's my main problem with the IS350. It's a great car, just no manual tranny.

(And pretty much my only problem with my IS300.. That and it's now officially out of warranty)

·
Moderator,
12,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could have sworn I saw one the other day that was a coupe... :confused

:laughing Well we can cross that one off the list since I obviously didn't drive it :p

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
G35. The new IS350. :down

·
I wanna ride...
638 Posts
BMW!!!! That's why it's "The Ultimate Driving Machine"

Is HP a factor? or $$$ You decide.

I've had a couple BMW and I would love to get another. Maybe the new M3:drool

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
Can't really say I'm fond of the new GS body style and the 3-series, while nice, is just so damn common. The G35 is getting common, but I think it's at least the equal of the 3-series in performance, styling, etc. As much as I liked my Z, I always sort of regretted not getting the G35.

*edit* I forget sometimes that you don't live in Redmond any more. I suppose the BMW isn't nearly as common in Florida as it is here.

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
Hey, WTF happened to the bitchin babyshit yellow pinto option? :laughing

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Method said:
lol Check your VM
:laughing

Just got it. I was in the garage cleaning all day.

You know what my thoughts are :D

·
Moderator,
12,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nakedjig said:
Can't really say I'm fond of the new GS body style and the 3-series, while nice, is just so damn common. The G35 is getting common, but I think it's at least the equal of the 3-series in performance, styling, etc. As much as I liked my Z, I always sort of regretted not getting the G35.

*edit* I forget sometimes that you don't live in Redmond any more. I suppose the BMW isn't nearly as common in Florida as it is here.
Speaking of which, I need to call u tonight. I have a few questions. Are you going to be around?

BTW there's some BMW's around here, but hardly any G35s

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
G35....still a great car for the money and even though I havnt driven ANY of those others all the car mags seem to love that car.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts