Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 kx 250f and i bought a two bros. racing m-2 pipe for it and i need too jet it but i was wondering how much of a bitch is it to change out the main and pilot jet's before i try and do it myself? thanx

·
Have you seen Pauldun's frakking awesome post?
9,765 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Look at the noob asking motorcycle questions! What does he think this is, a bike forum?

·
Moto Junkie
2,450 Posts
I believe what they are trying to say is welcome, and you might want to try the dirtbike forum accessible from the main forum page.

Oh and it wouldn't be a pain to rejet at all! Dirtbikes are super easy to rejet because the carb is easy to get to. Might not be so easy to get the jetting spot on, however let me recommend going to Thumpertalk.com and checking out the forum for the KX250F on that board. They can probably put you right in the ballpark for your jetting.

·
Rule #34
14,509 Posts
Jetting is easy. I don't know what is entailed with the removal of the carb on your particular bike but on my KTM I was able to rotate the carb by loosening both clamps, the throttle cable assembly and loosen the rear subframe. I was able to twist the carb enough to remove the float bowl cover and replace the main and pilot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts