Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this has ever been discussed and/or tried, so here goes nothing :shrug.

Is there or could CF have a place called something like "the charity forum" where a person could post in search of something not too ridiculous. For instance, let's say someone had replace their fairing bolts with a set of aftermaket ones cuz they were missing one or two here and there. After having done this, they now have an incomplete factory set laying around. Now, let's say someone else is missing one or two and the factory will only sell the whole set instead of individual bolts and they are short on $ to buy the whole set, they could post up on this forum seeking said parts. This will also be great for those seeking rashed parts or what not just to get their ride going again and aren't worried about the looks.

I know some will say that there is the "wanted" section for this, but I think that forum is more on the line for things that are worth selling. The charity forum will be for items not worth selling but could help out other fellow riders.

Call me crazy :shrug........maybe it's due to my lack of sleep:confused

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
I know we had a thread similar to that at one time. It was a "pay it forward" type thread. One person would list something they have that they have no use for, be willing to give it or sell very cheaply to the next person as long as that person "donated" something to the thread as well. I thought personally it was really cool, do we need a whole other forum for it....hmmm to me that would be mods/admins and Rez's call!

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
Yeah we had something like that, I dont know if its still around.

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.