Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a '95 GS500E for my first bike. Its not fast by bike standards, but plenty quick for a first bike. I'm having a blast so far.

Just riding around with a grin on my face the whole time:D

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
suhweet congrats im still waiting :rolleyes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
congrats! good beginner bike.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Congrats! Have fun, be safe, and wear your gear!

~Nist

·
Registered
81 Posts
GS500E was my first streetbike, way back in '92. Damn, I'm gettin' old!:D Excellent bike to learn on, plus it isn't hideous looking. (read=can be seen in public on) Anyway, keep your head on straight, eyes open, and enjoy! BTW, if you haven't done so yet, you should take the MSF course. Not only does it give you the necessary fundamentals needed to operate a motorcycle, it gives you a nice little discount on insurance. Ride safe...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Dragon Master said:
Excellent bike to learn on, plus it isn't hideous looking. if you haven't done so yet, you should take the MSF course. Not only does it give you the necessary fundamentals needed to operate a motorcycle, it gives you a nice little discount on insurance. Ride safe...
YUP, DG stole my thunder (so to speak)

Personally, I don't care if a person has a 250,600,750, etc as long as they can ride and don't cause 'problems'...anything on 2 wheels is Great

BTW, you'll be riding a lot better in no time then some other folks who started off on bigger bikes

Congrats

:redflip

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
Excellent choice on the first bike :thumb

Planning on taking the MSF?

·
Registered
16 Posts
cool. just got my first bike aweek ago. and i was doing the same thing smiling everwhere i went it is an amazing feel riding a street bike. i have been riding dirt bikes for a while and it's nothing like a sport bike. be safe out there and whatch out for everyone. on the fourth day i had my bike some A$$hole almost totaly blind sided me because he was talking on his cell phone and not looking @ traffic.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Cool man congrats on the bike. I have not been riding that long compared to alot of the guys on the board, but I have learned one thing. It is not what you ride that makes it fun, just the fact you are riding.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just bought a new 2001 GS500 in June. Loving every minute of it. Also just passed the MSF on it. :thumb

·
Registered
737 Posts
good choice, i also have a used GS500 that I am learning on. If you redline it you will notice pretty decent acceleration out of it, even though it only has 40 HP to the wheel. if you want it to look a little sleeker, replace the stock mirrors with bar end mirrors. I got mine at a mountainbiking shop, I think they are made by "third eye." They were pretty cheap and they make the bike look lower and sleeker. They are tough too, I had a getoff last week and my bars hit the ground pretty hard, but my mirrors are still there :eek: :D TAKE THE MSF if you haven't, you will be happy you did.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Congrats! You will love it. Ride safe and stay at your own pace. :D Good luck!

·
Registered
316 Posts
As others have said ----- this is a excellent bike for a lst time rider. In fact it is a darn good bike for an experienced rider for riding around town & for short runs while he leave his sportbike for the longer & faster stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts