Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you get a Tap and Keg for Soda? My wife is an addict to Diet Coke...I want to get her a Tap for the house...anyone know if this is possible within a reasonable ammount of money? or is this going to be expensive?

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
uh, I'd get her to kick her diet soda habbit...

aspartame is really really really bad for you, ESPECIALLY if she drinks enough of it that you are contemplaing purchasing a keg of it...

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
aaaaaactually, i just found out that it is safe to drink up to 10 diet sodas in a day if you're preggo... found that out at my nutrition class my midwife forced me to take. so i'm guessin' if you're preggo and you can drink that many, it's not a big deal anymore.

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
zlicius said:
aaaaaactually, i just found out that it is safe to drink up to 10 diet sodas in a day if you're preggo... found that out at my nutrition class my midwife forced me to take. so i'm guessin' if you're preggo and you can drink that many, it's not a big deal anymore.

bull-fucking-shit.

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
riiiiiiiiight. because a certified dietician would tell 10+ pregnant women a day this for shits and giggles.

:rolleyes

don't believe everything you read on the inet. ;)

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
Z, it is possible that person is wrong, isnt it? I wouldn't be so closed minded, you have a lot on the line ya know? Why risk it ?

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
zlicius said:
riiiiiiiiight. because a certified dietician would tell 10+ pregnant women a day this for shits and giggles.

:rolleyes

don't believe everything you read on the inet. ;)
I have yet to meet ANY medical professional that actually knew their ass from a hole in the wall.

Keep in mind, doctors used to prescribe smoking z, and my guess is, if this was 1930, you'd be defending their recommendation. Cause inhaling hot smoke on a regular basis HAS to have some consequences. right?

Nope, it will help you relax... :laughing

anyways, heres another good question, if theres no problem with it, why only 10 servings a day? do they limit your intake of water?

anyways, and I mean no offense here z, but your not questioning what doctors tells you makes you a good canidate for the nursing profession, this also frightens me terribly.

in sum, aspartame IS toxic, Techmage here seems to remember a bunch of soliders getting sick from drinking soda that had sat out in the sun during Desert Storm.

I believe this to be true, because aspartame breaks own into wood-alcohol and formaldahyde at 84 degrees (I think) but anyways, can you guarantee that the soda is kept cold from the time its made until you consume it?

I can guarantee you its not, I know when its shipped the trucks they use to haul it are not refridgerated.

so anyways, I've presented you with quite a bit of info, can you say anything other than 'because a certified dietician said so'? :p

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
edzo said:
yes, and I am a certified expert in biological chemistry and aspartame

actually is
poison to the body
and bad for brain function

go ahead, drink loads of it

PWN3D!!!!!!!!!!!!

:redflip

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
as wuz mentioned above, if aspartame is under ideal conditions then it is a simple methyl ester and some amino acids that don't do much. but upon digestion, aspartame breaks down into three components (aspartic acid, phenylalanine and methanol)

methanol is good to consume only in it's natural occurences, not good to consume without the source food with it. for example tomatos have methanol but you eat the entire tomato or juice with it's matrix of enzymes and it all works together.

extracting pure methyl esters and making a sweetner out of it is the not good part. the body treats it differently. it slams into
the system.

drink more diet soda please

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
what gives edzo?

shes not that tough man, we can convince her! :laughing

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ziadel said:
I have yet to meet ANY medical professional that actually knew their ass from a hole in the wall.

anyways, and I mean no offense here z, but your not questioning what doctors tells you makes you a good canidate for the nursing profession, this also frightens me terribly.

i
Dunno how to take your statements there Z - You risk insulting others....

Oh, and I know my ass from a hole in the wall...)

I dont believe the fake stuff to be all that bad...

Helps a lot of diabetics....

KIRSTY!!

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
aspartame, from what I have read, is also so similar to sugar in its chemical composition that it triggers the release of insulin, but theres no sugar for the insulin to control! so, you get hungry....

its a viscious cycle...

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
cbrchick said:
Dunno how to take your statements there Z - You risk insulting others....

Oh, and I know my ass from a hole in the wall...)

I dont believe the fake stuff to be all that bad...

Helps a lot of diabetics....

KIRSTY!!

well, I have'nt met you cbr ;)

but, we'll conduct my extensive medical personnel screening test none the less!

first, point to your ass.

now, go kick a hole in the wall.

and finally, please point to said hole you just kicked in wall.

how'd ya do? be honest now :redflip

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
If I've offended any in the medical profession, my apologies, but doctors have done a lot more harm than good to me.

stupid asshairs :laughing

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
ziadel said:
aspartame, from what I have read, is also so similar to sugar in its chemical composition that it triggers the release of insulin, but theres no sugar for the insulin to control! so, you get hungry....

its a viscious cycle...

Where are you getting your information...

I was reading through some of those internet links, there's little to no refrence to legit medical studies - you should always be able to look the information up for yourself from a reasonable medical site - holistic or other wise...

KIRSTY!!

·
Moderator,
7,795 Posts
Dr. Ted Broer

says aspartame ~ paint thinner.

Aspartame: A Chronicle of Crime

High points from an article by Dr.Ted Broer, Naturopath from Florida

Aspartame breaks down in the body into its component chemicals, including methanol, aspartic acid, phenylalanine and a little known chemical called diketopiperazine (DKP).

Methanol, also known as wood alcohol, has caused blindness in countless alcoholics. It is often used as a paint thinner and as an industrial cleaner. When methanol is metabolized by the body, it is broken down into formaldehyde (yes, just like embalming fluid) and formic acid.

Stedman's Medical Dictionary describes methanol as a "toxic, mobile liquid used as an industrial solvent, anti-freeze and in chemical manufacture; ingestion may result in severe acidosis, visual impairment and other effects of the central nervous system."

Effects in the body from human consumption of methanol include lethargy, fainting, headaches, nausea and vomiting, blindness, cough, breathing difficulties and other vision problems. Methanol has been shown to cause birth defects in developing fetuses, as well as other reproductive defects. According to the Sax's Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials, the "main toxic effect (of methanol) is exerted upon the nervous system, particularly the optic nerve, and possibly the retinae which can progress to permanent blindness. Once absorbed, methanol is only very slowly eliminated. Coma resulting from massive exposure may last as long as 2-4 days. The products formed in the body by its oxidation are formaldehyde and formic acid, both of which are toxic. Because of its slow elimination, methanol should be regarded as a cumulative poison. Though single exposure may cause no harmful effect, daily exposure may result in the accumulation of sufficient methanol in the body to cause illness. Death from ingestion of less than 30 ml has been reported". To bring things into perspective, just one little blue packet of NutraSweet, (1 gram) breaks down into 100 mg. of methanol.

Additional little known facts concerning NutraSweet are as follows: Aspartic acid, a component of aspartame, is a known neurotoxin and an active part of the poison administered by ant stings, According to Dr. John Olney this by-product of aspartame caused holes to develop in the brains of lab animals fed the chemical. The researcher also documented that the chemical caused chromosomal damage which did not become evident until the animals reproduced and their genetic expression was evident.

Phenylalanine is an amino acid or a basic element of protein. Phenylketonuria is a genetic disorder in which the person is unable to metabolize the amino acid phenylalanine. When blood levels of this amino acid rise, the toxicity causes irreversible brain damage. Because of this, people with phenylketonuria are particularly at risk of serious brain damage if they consume just one liter of aspartame sweetened soda pop in a day; thus the warning on the label. However, anyone who overwhelmed his or her body's ability to metabolize phenylalnine by consuming large quantities of aspartame could as well be at risk of irreversible brain damage in a similar manner. The toxic effects of this chemical are cumulative and do not often show up in short term testing. Phenylalanine can alter normal brain levels of serotonin, the neurotransmitter responsible for emotional brain activity, causing symptoms including PMS, insomnia, mood swings, carbohydrate cravings and severe depression.

James Turner, a consumer safety attorney, and Dr. John Olney, Research Psychiatrist at the Washington University School of Medicine, filed legal objections to aspartame's approval. The team presented documented evidence that animals fed the chemical during research conducted by Dr. Olney at Searle's request, developed brain tumors. The health advocates demonstrated that aspartame ingestion could easily cause brain damage and mental retardation in humans.

When aspartame sweetened beverages are stored for as little as 8 weeks even at reasonably cool temperatures below 68 degrees F. up to 20% of the aspartame would be broken down to its basic elements. (The "lost" aspartame degrades to DKP, methanol (methyl alcohol), aspartic acid, and phenylalanine.) According to the 1985 Congressional Record, when aspartame laced products are stored or heated above 85 degrees for a period as short as a few weeks (such as when products are produced, stored, shipped to the marketplace, stored on shelves, purchased by consumers, left in the pantry or garage until desired) absolutely no aspartame is left in the beverage, only its by-products.

People who are over weight drink it thinking it will help them to become slim when in fact they have found that it does the opposite and the more active the person the more weight they will gain.

Source

1 - 20 of 60 Posts