• XB-9R

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yo Rob...

Come on over to us straight line guys:biggrin . Trust me Bro it doesn't get much better the the ZX12R.

Bigger is better:D

·
Registered
454 Posts
I opted for the warrior. You already have a good street bike, a good race bike, now all you need is a really awesome cruiser.

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
I was the first to go with Warrior for the reasons Strick said. Besides it's such an awesome power cruiser. :thumb

·
1,480 Posts
Have you seen the XB9S? A couple I ride with have both the R and the S. They love thier bike, but don't like the other bike (riding postion).

·
Registered
43 Posts
92 hp for about

10 grand:eek And what a nice viberating machine. I just can't comprehend the mentality of of anyone that would buy that piece of crap:rolleyes unless they were from the West coast:snatched

·
Forum Leader,
17,387 Posts
that's a pretty diverse list, save the first two choices...you really haven't said what role you want this bike to play....

I voted for the warrior since you have 2 sport bikes already and didn't say if one/both were to be sold :confused

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Re: lol

eddynasty said:
and so is the V-Max & ZXR1200 but the naked gets cold in the winter;) and only has two wheels:rolleyes
Well I don't think I'd be riding a motorcycle in the winter, so that buying criteria is kinda moot for me. :twofinger Fairing or not you are going to be cold.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Are that far up North...

Not that far south of Schenectady? I m good in jersey down to 30 degrees. We have 48 degrees now & I plan to ride in a few minutes.

You need a good one piece suit;)

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
It's 39 here right now. Riding isn't worth that IMO. BTW, it's only fall, not winter. :twofinger

I've done it before and if I own a sportbike won't do it again. Give me a BMW or something and sure I'll do it. And I do have a good suit.

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
We need more info about what you want to do with the bike. Also if either of the other's are going away.

Personally, I have a nice sportbike. If I was going to get another bike, I'd want something that was nicer for sport touring, or was a less aggressive bike with big fun factor.

For a "Fun Factor" bike, I'd look at a BMW GS. My neighbor has one, and that bike just seems like it would be a blast! Also, the new KTM Duke is coming out in 2004. That seems like it could be awesome!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
IAN

The so-called winters here have been very mild which is suppose to be as a result of the global warming effect.

I have to ride or go nuts. A few years ago I was in a Honda dealer (Coopers) & they were running a sale on one piece rain suits. I bought one & it is WARM!

Couple sets of long johns & I'm good to go:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sidewalk...

I do like them & rode one at the dealers but at 6-1 & 200 lbs (and OLD) it wasn't comfortable. I'd think that Harley could improve the engine mounts.

I test rode the TL1000 & it was just one hell of a awesome twin but also uncomfortable for me.

I ended up buying the Superhawk which was fun & fit the better of the except it killed my wrist

:D

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
CasterTroy said:
2 words

Wheelie-machine :D

You KNOW you wanna wing YO! :D

If you ask me, those wings are pretty cool bikes. I'm just not that old yet ;) I'm thinking when I'm 50 or 60, that'll be me on one of those things :laughing

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Re: IAN

eddynasty said:
The so-called winters here have been very mild which is suppose to be as a result of the global warming effect.

I have to ride or go nuts. A few years ago I was in a Honda dealer (Coopers) & they were running a sale on one piece rain suits. I bought one & it is WARM!

Couple sets of long johns & I'm good to go:D
Well it still gets to 0 and below here, I will not be riding no matter how stir crazy I go in those temps. I rode at 20 degrees ONCE with a windchill below 0 and it absolutely was the worst experience I've had.

·
1,480 Posts
Re: Sidewalk...

eddynasty said:
I do like them & rode one at the dealers but at 6-1 & 200 lbs (and OLD) it wasn't comfortable. I'd think that Harley could improve the engine mounts.
Key word, Harley. It is my opinion that Harley is what is holding the bikes up. Buell didn't build the 1200 engines, HD built them and handed them over to Buell to throw in there.

Erik Buell raced fast bikes in the early 80's. He used an XR1000 engine only because he could get them cheap. Those were relatively fast bikes for what they were. Now that HD owns the company, well, they are slow (surprise).

I hope that some day Buell will seperate from HD, then we will see what happens.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: Re: Sidewalk...

Sidewalk said:

I hope that some day Buell will seperate from HD, then we will see what happens.
i second that!
what are you really wanting from this bike rob? your giving choices that are totally different here. i mean one is a 6rr/and the other is a 1600cc(?) cruiser. what exactly are you wanting this bike to do? race? cruise? tour? putt down the street and look cool? or all of the above? have you thought of maybe buying a standard like the ZL1000? or a Monster? or the KTM coming in 2004? or maybe the speed triple? hell you might even like the ST4? your being kinda vague as to what you really want to do with this bike. help us out here so we can give better insight to your Q.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts