Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
XT Lap Timers is what most everyone has. Talk to wheatcracker, I think he has an account. :thumb

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
stevieb said:
oh, that's so purrty :drool Too bad its a thousand bucks....just for the base model :(
+1

·
Registered
15,218 Posts
Brian, what are you looking for? Are you looking for a lap timer for when we do track days or are you looking for one that will match up with WMRRA's timing device?

·
Registered
707 Posts
richardlpalmer said:
Brian, what are you looking for? Are you looking for a lap timer for when we do track days or are you looking for one that will match up with WMRRA's timing device?
Brian, a transponder (not a lap timer) is required to race WMRRA ( you probably know that). But that will not provide you with lap times on the fly which is why you may want a lap timer too.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hawker said:
I have an XT and am very happy with it. I also have a beacon (needs a new power cabel) if we do another 'private' trackday this year.
:D :D :D :D PRIVATE TRACK DAY !!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think the XT is the one to go with.

B

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey, is there such thing as a combined lap timer and transponder or do I have to buy both units :( $$ :(

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
Nope. Sorry dude.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what all are you guys going to buy for the racing season? I know this is only a novice season so should I even bother with buying things like tire warmers and all the other little goodies?

B

·
Registered
707 Posts
polvo2 said:
So what all are you guys going to buy for the racing season? I know this is only a novice season so should I even bother with buying things like tire warmers and all the other little goodies?

B
I didn't start my novice season last year with tire warmers but ended up buying some as soon as I went to Power Races ( and as soon as my race partner bought a generator :D ). The Pilot Powers did just fine without. Other goodies I ended up buying was an Easy-Up, air compressor, foam padding for the pit area, fire extingusher (required) and just basic stuff to make the day more comfortable. An extra set of wheels is nice but not necessary. And if you have extra funds, start picking up other "spare" parts such as levers, fairing stay, rearsets, windscreen etc so a minor incident doesn't end your day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts