Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I'll be on the Outter Banks of NC.....ringing in the New Year with some friends....and doing a little fishing.

Hope to get home in time Sun. to get a few miles logged on the TL... :D

B.

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
well, lets see got a couple 12 gauges, just picked up 100 rounds of skeet shells. Got a couple .22's with a brand new brick (500 rounds) waiting to be opened. Got a .50 black powder gun that sounds like a cannon when it goes off. Got a .44 black powder pistal thats pretty fun to shoot, um, a CO2 pistal, 5 1/2 ft spud gun, I use carb cleaner as a source of combustion, pushing a 2 inch potatoe clearly out of sight.. Probably pushing 500 yrds plus with that bad boy ;)

Had a crap load of of mortars to launch up until 4th of July..

wife has her gun, and I am still looking for another pistol, and seeing about getting a real cannon made to play with every now and then in the back yard.. :D

I use them all pretty often, from practice, hunting and home protection, and if you don't get shot trying to break into my house, my German Shephard / Husky mix will make you wish you had.... :redflip

You got room to talk Brian... list your toys :laughing

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
when I fire mine though da Police show up....something about discharging fire-arms within the city limits.... :shrug

Watched a little buck trail a doe behind the house a few weeks ago...it was all i could do not to shoot him off my back porch... :D Does that make me red?? :confused

you get that cannon made up...I wanna see that....you know they sell some of them at the gun shows...

our arsenal is pretty much the same....minus the tater launcher...

B.

·
Huh?
7,412 Posts
We get 2 - 3 inch shaft stock here at work that is used for head pulleys, and tail pulleys.. Wifes Uncle is a machinist, and her dad has his own welding biz.

I figure a 2 inch dia. barrel, 12" long woth some 1 inch dia. posts welded to the side should be good. Get it drilled to carry a .50 round ball, and guess what my wifes other uncle is? A master carpenter :D He can make the stand for me. Alittle stain, and some blueing and *KABOOM* :badass

thinking about doing it alittle different than using cannon fuse.. maybe figure something up to use 209 caps or something... ;)

What is city limits :shrug :redflip I live in the sticks :laughing

·
Vespa Rider
1,199 Posts
B. Myers said:
I'll be on the Outter Banks of NC.....ringing in the New Year with some friends....and doing a little fishing.

Hope to get home in time Sun. to get a few miles logged on the TL... :D

B.
B when you heading down?

I'm thinking about taking the love down tomorrow night.

The surf was decent last week.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I'm headed down in the morning....

some buddies are all ready there, we got a house in Nags Head around MP 15 or so...just past the fire station.

We'll be fishing from OI to Hatteras Inlet....alot of guys I fish with have the campers on the back of their trucks...

If your gonna be down, and wanna hook up- I'll give you my cell #.

Big blow this week...been heavy surf and hard N, NE winds, with alot of current...water is calming down now, and clearing up....may be too pretty to catch fish later this week.

Where are y'all staying?

B.

·
Vespa Rider
1,199 Posts
B. Myers said:
I'm headed down in the morning....

some buddies are all ready there, we got a house in Nags Head around MP 15 or so...just past the fire station.

We'll be fishing from OI to Hatteras Inlet....alot of guys I fish with have the campers on the back of their trucks...

If your gonna be down, and wanna hook up- I'll give you my cell #.

Big blow this week...been heavy surf and hard N, NE winds, with alot of current...water is calming down now, and clearing up....may be too pretty to catch fish later this week.

Where are y'all staying?

B.
It's going to be a last minute decision.

If we go we will stay at the Surf Side Hotel on MP16.

That would put us just down the road.

I'm going to call, and get the surf conditions tonight.

I won't be fishing, but doing a little surfing (a lot of wiping out).

It would be uber kewl too hook up.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
it's gonna blow SW...and very light and variable...i don't imagine your gonna have a good break with the conditions they are calling for....

:confused

I'm guessing it's gonna be kinda flat....which is not reall good for fishing either... :shake

Anyhow...y'all have a good New Year's....

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I actually probably won't drink, trying to ride dirt bikes the next day, i can't stay laying in bed hung over, let alone venturing out into the real world and doing something

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Why do you guys need to have so many guns for? You scared of something or is it like a hobby?

DeeZ

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not to worry Ginger, I'll be joining the drinking crowd. I was told to show up at a reunion/New Years party back home where I grew up at on the Northern Neck.

Considering the crowd, I'm sure the fun will mix with the alcohol, or the other way around. Anyhow I'm sure we'll all have fun & end up " TORE UP FROM THE FLOOR UP"

Not to worry though, we're smart enough to have designated drivers, OK, we're OLD enough to know better, how's that! Quiet KK !!

KK has met some of my hometown crowd & knows when I go home for a "short" visit, I usually end up not coming home till the next day!!

Something like the song says "we ain't never had too much fun!!"

Oh well, I know that I'll have fun & then the proverbial fat head I guess But you only live once and good friends can't be beat.

HAPPY NEW YEARS to EVERYONE

SKID

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.