Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the subject line says. i'm gonna go to cali for xmas vacation and i'm gonna be gone for just about a month. do i need to do anything special to the bike? like anything to the battery? when i come back i'm gonna ride the hell outa the bike cause i'm gonna miss riding for that month i'm in cali......no one in my family knows i have the bike. :D

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
LillDragun said:
just like the subject line says. i'm gonna go to cali for xmas vacation and i'm gonna be gone for just about a month. do i need to do anything special to the bike? like anything to the battery? when i come back i'm gonna ride the hell outa the bike cause i'm gonna miss riding for that month i'm in cali......no one in my family knows i have the bike. :D
My vote is, of course, to let me have it for the month.. :redflip

If you have stands to pick the bike up and keep the tires from being on the ground and developing some flat-spots, do it.

I'd put the battery on a battery-tender if you have one, otherwise, don't worry about it - just unhook it in case there's an electrical drain.

For a month..... You might consider some sta-bil, but I'm not sure how necessary that will be for just a month, I've certainly left vehicles for longer without a problem - perhaps someone else will chime in.

·
Ride to Eat - Eat to Ride
417 Posts
For only a month with what very little (actual) cold weather we have here I wouldn't think that you need to do anything to it. If the battery is an older one, you might disconnect it or use a Battery Tender if you have one. Put it up on a centerstand if you have one. If you don't, I wouldn't worrry about it too much.

Mine has sat for that long while I was out of town on business and I had no issues, it just fired right up when I got back and I didn't do anything special to it.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Before you hook up the batter tender, ensure that your battery cells (assuming a lead/acid type, not sealed-maintenance free) are topped up with distilled water. As for the gas, fill the tank, then park it. It should be fine for a month.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh well i already left. i just un hooked the battery and thats it. i dn't have stands yet., but i plan on getting some pitbulls....a front and rear. but thats later in the future. thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts