Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just to fill some of you in. I got activated on January 21st. I got sent to Fort Huachuca AZ on Feb 2nd. I just got here a couple days ago.

Well I met up with one of the SGT's that I'm working with and he showed us some roads from here to tombstone. I can't express how cool it is to see long sweepers and be able to see through the corners.

I was able to take corners with the knowledge that nothing is coming into my lane. Well besides the coyotes and havelinas(sp).

Anyone ever been out this way? Oh by the way it's in the seventies :) woo hoo.

(Deryck--I'm riding baby !!!!!!!)

·
Two Wheeled Project Collector
1,310 Posts
Hey Jason,

Are you going to be in AZ the whole time, or are you going somewhere else after training?

Cuz I heard all the roads in Iraq and Kuwait are straight... :rant ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don,

I will be traveling about 1 week per month at a minimum. They said that there may be more, but it's all CONUS. I'll be here till Dec 10th. :(

·
Two Wheeled Project Collector
1,310 Posts
MAC R6 said:
Don,

I will be traveling about 1 week per month at a minimum. They said that there may be more, but it's all CONUS. I'll be here till Dec 10th. :(
Dude, that's the perfect gig... Nice area, and you get to go different places all the time...

Except for the being away from home part...

:shake On the other hand.... IT IS THE PERFECT GIG!!! :redflip :redflip :redflip

·
Registered
253 Posts
MAC R6 said:
Hey guys. Just to fill some of you in. I got activated on January 21st. I got sent to Fort Huachuca AZ on Feb 2nd. I just got here a couple days ago.

Well I met up with one of the SGT's that I'm working with and he showed us some roads from here to tombstone. I can't express how cool it is to see long sweepers and be able to see through the corners.

I was able to take corners with the knowledge that nothing is coming into my lane. Well besides the coyotes and havelinas(sp).

(Deryck--I'm riding baby !!!!!!!)
Im spending your money! LMAO!!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don said:
Dude, that's the perfect gig... Nice area, and you get to go different places all the time...

Except for the being away from home part...

:shake On the other hand.... IT IS THE PERFECT GIG!!! :redflip :redflip :redflip
Don that's the toughest part. Leaving my family behind. That has been one of the hardest things that I have ever done.

·
Moderator,
8,601 Posts
MAC R6 said:
Don that's the toughest part. Leaving my family behind. That has been one of the hardest things that I have ever done.
One of the reasons I got out. Some stayed in because they wanted to leave their family. I actually like mine, I think they are pretty cool, so I prefer to stick around.

But it definitely could be worse. It is CONUS and the weather is decent. Could be Ft Lewis. Of course in Aug, you might be wishing it was. :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
MAC R6 said:

Both these reasons is why I love the desert.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts