Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Just curious, why white on a red bike?

I'm debating a set for the gixxer ... debating colors cause it seems to me the darker colors on the light lids might kill more light ... *shrug* ... what do I know.

·
Moderator,
11,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the white just stands out, really makes it pop and pulls in the white f4 letters and part of the woody sticker.

·
Moderator,
11,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, also it was going to be a race rep but i bought the RC-51 and never had time to paint up the numberplates etc.....

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
That looks great, nice job. I like the contrast

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like the contrast as well. White ALWAYS looks sweet with a dark color.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Rocket_Cowboy said:
Just curious, why white on a red bike?
He's color-blind. :twofinger

Just kidding. Hey Steve, does it affect the light pattern any? Did you have them on your RC? Is that why you hit that poor defenseless deer?

Hooter's?

·
Moderator,
11,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AaUuuuGaa! said:
He's color-blind. :twofinger

Just kidding. Hey Steve, does it affect the light pattern any? Did you have them on your RC? Is that why you hit that poor defenseless deer?

Hooter's?
Mike well anything you put on the lights will dim them a little but as far as spread pattern no it dosent alter it at all. i wish i did have them on the RC then it woulda stood out to the deer :laughing

now that the '03 RC is going to have white number plates standard on the tail im going to put the light lidz on that as well when i get it.

·
Moderator,
11,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
greco gixxer said:
Does TT still custom images on the Lightlidz, like numbers and such?
honestly im not sure, you would have to ask Rez or call and ask Shawn. but if they dont you can always do it yourself easily enough before ya put them on.

·
Moderator,
11,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GSXRescape said:
The website states you can custom order them. Doesn't really tell you how to do so?
i would suggest e mailing a pic of what you would like or calling them,and again it's not like it's my co. so im not sure(anotherwords dont yell at me or Rez if im wrong:redflip )

·
Where we going?
3,221 Posts
FYI, all the different colors will block out the same amount of light. I have red ones on mine.

They don't block out very much light though. I put mine on the same time I put 100w superwhites in, and still noticed a marked improvement in brightness.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts