Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The King!
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of planning a trip to do some camping and trail riding in New Mexico. Unfortunately it looks like my plans are falling apart due to the fact the Lincoln National Forest is closed because of a stage 3 fire hazard.

Is there any other parts of New Mexico that offer similiar riding and camping like Cloudcroft does or do I need to plan a trip somewhere else?

Truth of the matter is I want to come home to New Mexico but if I have to goto Colorado or elsewhere, so any suggestions would be appricated...

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I don't know specifically of places that are similar to Cloudcroft, but I'm sure there are some out there.

However, pretty much the whole state is under fire watch and a lot of national forests are closed.

I'll do some searching to see what I can find.

·
The King!
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah its tough finding an alternate location. Why can't it just rain for the next 10 days!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Chama is an option, although the local store got taken out by the snow fall. Memorial weekend the town is filled for the opening of the railroad. There is a camp ground on the north side of town.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts