Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so who has connects to place a Senior Network/UNIX/Security/e-Commerce analyst and would be able to provide a relo package in exchange for dedicated, 24x7 service ? I thrive on long, rigorous technical interviews so my merit could be verified over the phone.

Resume and references are ready to go if anyone can fit this bill. I desparately need to get to the city to further my music dreams while advancing my IT career.

Let me know, I'm hella serious!

Jayson

·
Registered
11,198 Posts
dude, the sooner you get your ass to new york, the sooner we can put our world domination plans into action.

Muahahahah! :evilgrin

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to get there so bad I could just scream. AZ is beautiful but all the hot jobs and music careers are in New York.

If I could just find someone willing to a relo that will see the value in my wide range of expertise....... it could happen!

And yes, we would have to hang out and plot for the mass distribution of love goodwill across the world :) That's the main reason I want to follow my music path... spread peace and understanding.

J

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
I'll swap you Seattle for Arizona. :)

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hah! I know Seattle is a neat place, but I can't stand the overcast days and chronic rain!

It was 70 here today and I watched palm trees sway while working outside on wireless. Sorry, I'ma have to pass on the Seattle ;)

·
Registered
18,094 Posts
I just wish I could take my Seattle salary and go elsewhere. :thumb

I've looked at all the nice places, just no one in those areas paying close to what I want to be making. :shrug

·
Registered
16,959 Posts
thrain said:
IT work? hahahahaha. and you want them to pay for your moving expenses? lol. good luck with that.
+1 :(

In today's market, with people losing jobs left and right, I'd be amazed for someone to get a good job, nonetheless get paid moving expenses to boot.

Good luck nonetheless. :)

·
BLESS YOUR HEART
1,680 Posts
I was offered $7 an hour for network support after I got my BSEE. Somehow that didn't seem to cover living expenses. I believe in working my way up and getting experience, but I'm glad I turned it down. The building I would have worked in used to be one of the tallest...

·
Moderator,
5,464 Posts
Enthalpy said:
sonick, get ready to sell your firearms if you move to NYC.

Nurse Bloomberg sez :nono
I've got room to store/add to my permit here in NY. (ownership transfer is not required to have listed on a permit, only allows posession)

·
Registered
27,266 Posts
Cant help ya much on the job front but if you are still looking to live in brooklyn I can talk to some of the docs at work since a bunch of them live in park slope;)

Tom

·
Registered
2,679 Posts

With your skills it would seem more logical to be employed with a consulting company that services big companies throughout NY/NJ/CT. I have a few friends who consult with main frame and system business applications. I will ask them info on their consulting companies.

The two companies above are pretty strong. DDS is based in NYC. If you don't know what they do ...I'll give you a hint. They don't read your e-mail. Nope. They read what you toss into your cyber trash cans. Then they know what you save.

Desmo

·
Power hungy mad man!
17,768 Posts
way to many people there, id go nuts in a week

·
Ladies love fatbuck's Cupcakes
17,553 Posts
Plenty of work, plenty of music here in NYC.
I highly recomend Midtown for the scenery/eatery/transportation hubs. Friend just landed a spot with a small Software comapny overlooking Bryant park (he pulls in 70K for Cust support on the companies $$$$app so with your skill set you should do well).

You should have no problem...let the recruiters have your resume and send them off to go hunt.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Jdogg, iDesmo, tommymac and pauldun :thumb Would you guys mind if I mail you my resume just to keep on file ?
Thrain is right, the relo/IT market is sparse..... however I do have almost a decade of senior level experience so I may qualify for a relo spot.

Enthalpy: I'll just smuggle 'em in ;) Or let Jdogg handle 'em.

Shameless BUMP of this thread for visibility

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Strange....... DDS must be having some mail problems. I got the address from their own webpage.

Your message

Subject: Resume - Jayson Anderson

was not delivered to:

[email protected]

because:

User HRDEPT ([email protected]) not listed in Domino Directory

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.