Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Liquid Silver R6 on order, but I absolutly hate the flat black look of the mid fairing. Do you all think that having the mid fairings and tire hugger painted the same red as the 01/02 R6's would look good?? I would photshop it for you all but I don't know how to use photoshop nor do I have it, so...you'll have to use your imagination unless someone wants to take the time to do it real quick.

~ Tyler

·
Moderator,
16,949 Posts
Oh man, please don't do that... That's got to be just horrible. :)

There has got to be a better color than that?? If anything just get the paint code of the silver and paint it... Of course silver is a hard color to match.

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
I'm not the most creative person in the world by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think that would look too hot personally....

·
Graphic support
1,525 Posts
personally I think it will look hideous. post some pictures, and I can phtoshop them for you if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since everyone seems to hate the idea....any suggestions??? I just wish Yamaha would have made the R6 in red this year or done it like the R1.....ugh!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Dude, leave it like it is!:shake

·
Registered
44 Posts
CU'sUltimateR6 said:
Since everyone seems to hate the idea....any suggestions??? I just wish Yamaha would have made the R6 in red this year or done it like the R1.....ugh!!
If you like the scheme of the R1 better then buy an R1. I think the black looks dam fine, it will grow on you when its in front of you at the dealership.

·
CF Security Administrator,
6,639 Posts
I see someone else beat me to it , but I'll post mine anyway :)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, so I'm getting the general idea that the red won't look that good. Anyone got any other suggestions other than leaving it alone?? I personnally think it needs a little bit more color in it other than all that black and silver, plus all my gear is red/white to match the 01. Suggestions..anyone??

~ Tyler

·
Graphic support
1,525 Posts
If you're looking for the clean look. You could always purchase the blue one and have all the blue painted red. Those who know the R6 doesn't come in red would be impressed. However, you could also try a unique look.... and go custom. Take out a peice of paper and start sketching away. :D

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
tony824 said:
If you're looking for the clean look. You could always purchase the blue one and have all the blue painted red. Those who know the R6 doesn't come in red would be impressed. However, you could also try a unique look.... and go custom. Take out a peice of paper and start sketching away. :D
thats nice! but it reminds me of a gsxr :redflip

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good luck keeping those white wheels clean.

·
1 Sick Individual !!
509 Posts
Ian said:
Near Albany.

If you really need to paint it, why not paint it silver like the rest of the bike?
Ditto. Paint it all Silver like the rest. That would look so clean and SWEEEEEEET!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts