Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Oh man, I soooo wish I could go to this one!!....I still have a credit due to the trackday in Nov being cancelled for rain.....but unfortunately I will be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras during that weekend....guess I will be hitting the next one.....can't wait! :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like others are as anxious as wel are! :hail

... and remember, for those who had a credit from the Nov. 22nd event, you don't HAVE TO use it for the first one of the season because it's good all year.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmm. My birthday is Feb 7th. :D Would make a good way to spend the day off I'm going to take. Especially since I didn't get a chance to put the TL on the track ONCE last year. :rant

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It's an additional $50 and you even get to participate in a "mock race" (4 laps I think)at the end of the day. That alone is worth the price of admission. :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
YamaHamer... yup... a track time + you get to handle your CMRA class... and as Mike said, the mock-race can give you a taste of racing.

For what it's worth, all money that we collect from the CMRA Racing License School is sent back to the club itself. Our part to help an awesome club.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
jeffLSTD said:
YamaHamer... yup... a track time + you get to handle your CMRA class... and as Mike said, the mock-race can give you a taste of racing.

For what it's worth, all money that we collect from the CMRA Racing License School is sent back to the club itself. Our part to help an awesome club.
how are you graded?...what does it take to pass the test?

·
Registered
411 Posts
YamaHamer-AL said:
how are you graded?...what does it take to pass the test?
All ya gotta do is beat BA, since his bike runs like crap ya have an advantage.

He's gonna run me off the track when he gets the bugs worked out of that SV..........

Just kidding BA, just kidding!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tough crowd man! ;)

YamaHamer-AL said:so what you're saying is it matters not if you're fast or not, more about being safe and knowing the rules?
Yama... basically yes. The link that Reyndogg posted gives more info, but in a nutshell, the course is not really a RIDING school, but covers rules, on/off-track etiquette, suggestions on how to keep track of races, etc.

We do suggest that people who are considering going racing get some track time under their belt beforehand. Racing is a total blast, but we have had a few come through the class that did one track day and decided that was enough... then showed up for their first race and was not really comfortable with the environment... yet. :D

RACING = FUN!!!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The mock race is a blast. Like others have said, it gives you a true taste of how racing will be. Passing the test (or like Cathy says, beating me) is easy as 1-2-3. Don't get too worked up over it though just pay attention in class and ask questions. I'll see you on the track next season.

Cathy, running you off the track would be the only way I can beat you in a race. You've got nothing to worry about with me. Trust me.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
jeffLSTD said:

We do suggest that people who are considering going racing get some track time under their belt beforehand. Racing is a total blast, but we have had a few come through the class that did one track day and decided that was enough... then showed up for their first race and was not really comfortable with the environment... yet. :D

RACING = FUN!!!
I agree with you Jeff. Unfortunately I was one of the dorks that did one trackday and thought I could do it after that. Boy was I wrong!

Yamahamer, do as many trackdays as possible between now and then. Especially if you plan to do endurance racing. There will be some fast guys (like Mike and Jeff) zooming past you during the race within inches of you. And you need to make sure you can handle that and keep your line.

·
Pastarockets FTMFW
351 Posts
Ok, I know I should know this already, but I'm going to ask again anyway.

1. Is it a problem if my inspection/registration is expired? I know, I know, I'm just lazy :redlip
2. It doesn't specify for the Beginner group, but is it safe to assume that I'll need leather riding pants?
3. Would I be able to bum a ride in a truck (and trailer my bike) from someone in Austin, not for this track day, but for one in the short term future?
4. Will someone bring a camera to take pictures and prove to the world how much I really suck? :nanana

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Team503 said:
Ok, I know I should know this already, but I'm going to ask again anyway.

1. Is it a problem if my inspection/registration is expired? I know, I know, I'm just lazy :redlip
2. It doesn't specify for the Beginner group, but is it safe to assume that I'll need leather riding pants?
3. Would I be able to bum a ride in a truck (and trailer my bike) from someone in Austin, not for this track day, but for one in the short term future?
4. Will someone bring a camera to take pictures and prove to the world how much I really suck? :nanana
1. Not a problem as long as you don't ride to the track.
2. Yes, you will need leather pants.
3. Post a thread a week prior asking for trailer space and a ride for the event you plan to make.
4. I think both RS and LSTD has a photographer taking pictures at the events that you can buy. If you don't want to buy then you need to bring your own photographer.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.