Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone here into magic ?

I find performing magic and seeing how people react, one of the greatest things.

I'm no expert but I've been practicing some street magic, a few levitation, disappearing and some card tricks.

Surprising and cheering other people has helped me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snaps I've seen that trick and I can probably do it eventually ;) The people in that clip weren't in on it as some people say.
 

·
Stress Relief 101
Joined
·
13,581 Posts
I did when I was younger. I would get books on it and I got this magic set when I was younger. I haven't done any in years. I still love it just don't try it anymore.

James
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,040 Posts
Twice in my life I performed magic.

I was in Brandon, FL, in a traffic jam on my home from work.
I was concentrating on this one car's hubcap. It looked a little unstable, so I just kept staring and staring at it. We started to go and next thing I know, the hubcap flew off.

And that happened again to me a year in a half later. weird shit.
dont mess with me. :evilgrin
 

·
Friend of sinners
Joined
·
3,714 Posts
I used to do it as a kid a lot. Now I just work on my juggling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,114 Posts
Juggling is a good way to get the ol' grey brain matter moving I hear....any truth to that ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Ever seen contact juggling? It's pretty neat. These guys like roll the balls accross thier arms and flip them up and around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,417 Posts
I love watching magic! But I hate tv magic. My logic may be faulty, but I feel like if I'm gonna enjoy the trick I should be there in person. On tv, there's just too much distance between me and the act.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
David Blaine is a master in what he does. When you learn a trick and practice it a few times you may get it down without making mistakes. Each trick you have to practice days or weeks to perfect it.

He did this one tv special where he did this simple levitation using his feet. Then they cut and showed both feet rising off the ground. They actually lifted him off the ground without showing the straps around him on tv.

My favorite is this trick where I borrow someones card and make it hover around me. I just love watching peoples expressions after that :evilgrin
 

·
Crazy like a fox...
Joined
·
5,755 Posts
I'd like to see that one, Samael. Sounds cool (the floating card). I love puzzles and watching magic is like a deeper puzzle that drives me crazy because I can't figure it out.

As for juggling, if you have the opportunity, go see the Flying Karamazov brothers. I was in a test-audience for them (to see if their show was any good) and it was amazing. These guys are so talented. They have a whole show this year on a typical life (from conception up to death) and it is one of the most entertaining things I have ever seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,837 Posts
While I am impressed with the optical illusion known as magic, I have not really ever tried it...but I do love to watch it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Okay
Here is my Christmas gift to you Magic lovers!

The following link expouses a few of the card tricks as nothing more than sleight of hand. I've practised a few and can usually wowo the crowd at the local pub, but you would be suprised how pissed some people get when they can't figure it out and they've had to keep buying drinks for you all night....


If you DON't want to know the secret, just ignore the thread.........
otherwise

http://ghettomagic.50megs.com/catalog.html:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
belabacsi said:
Okay
Here is my Christmas gift to you Magic lovers!

The following link expouses a few of the card tricks as nothing more than sleight of hand. I've practised a few and can usually wowo the crowd at the local pub, but you would be suprised how pissed some people get when they can't figure it out and they've had to keep buying drinks for you all night....


If you DON't want to know the secret, just ignore the thread.........
otherwise

http://ghettomagic.50megs.com/catalog.html:
The link didn't work for me.

There's this one card trick that I'll be practicing where you draw two hearts separated on a card. When you shake it in front of someone (usually a girl) the hearts appear to combine and lock onto each other ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
samael said:
The link didn't work for me.

There's this one card trick that I'll be practicing where you draw two hearts separated on a card. When you shake it in front of someone (usually a girl) the hearts appear to combine and lock onto each other ;)
The host may be out of space, try doing a search on "ghettomagic" and see if you can link through that.
 

·
At BANNED Camp
Joined
·
16,067 Posts
Being Wicca, I practice some simple candle magick anmd tarot majick. The best spell I ever cast was a love spell on Yvette. It worked beyond my wildest expectations.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Speed_Addiction said:
Being Wicca, I practice some simple candle magick anmd tarot majick. The best spell I ever cast was a love spell on Yvette. It worked beyond my wildest expectations.:D
That's cool, that's REAL magic then ;)

I'm catholic but I'm also into learning about other religions.

Tarot cards facinate me.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top