Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any good websites or books about sportbike or motorcycle maintenance in general?

·
Registered
188 Posts
chammer said:
your owners manual is a great source of what needs to be done and when. :D
Ditto. Your manual is the best place to go for general maintenance schedules and basic adjustments.:toothy

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you're more interested in how as opposed to when, I've found this book to be useful.

Motorcycles: Fundamentals, Service, and Repair
by Bruce A. Johns, David D. Edmundson, Robert Scharff
Publisher: Goodheart-Willcox Co
ISBN: 1566374790; 3rd edition (December 1998)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info everybody. Thanks especially for the book reference brain, i like working on things, even though i'm not especially good at it, so i'd like to learn how to get my hands dirty on my own bike when i get it. One of my greatest regrets about my '65 stang was not knowing how to work on it myself when i had it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
get a service manual. It will have everything you need. I have had one for everyone of my bikes. From torque settings to cam specs, its all in there

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ducman said:
get a service manual. It will have everything you need. I have had one for everyone of my bikes. From torque settings to cam specs, its all in there
ditto. sounds like you are new to turning wrenches on a bike at least, it is good to have someone in the background to watch over things for a while.or you can just ask here.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I found this website about a week ago. I haven't read through all of it but it seems like a good resource for understanding and maintaining your bike. I'm guessin the concepts he presents can also be applied to sportbikes.
Dan's Motorcycle Repair

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice everyone. Roadracer you're right i'm pretty new at turning wrenches on most anything.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts