Cycle Forums: Motorcycle and Sportbikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ladies. This is a duplicate account that I will ask to be deleted after this topic is over. I have over 1500 posts here and you probably have seen me around.

I just made this account in CASE my girfriend would stumble upon the thread under my regular username (password saved in browser and she is here a lot)

Anyway, now down to business.
I plan to ask my girlfriend to marry me within the next several months. I can't wait!! I'm ready to spend my life with her and she is also ready ;) We've talked about it some and we both know its coming, although she has no idea of the time frameI have in mind. We have been dating almost 8 months.

So what do y'all think... I want the proposal to be SPECTACULAR and just blow her away and make it very memorable.

Here is my idea so far. The other day we talked about our "perfect date" and she said hers was to cook dinner together at a cabin in the mountains, to eat on the front porch and talk and drink wine for hours. :D I can handle that :D

Here is my plan. To tell her to get the day off on some Friday becasue we are going on a date (thats all I would tell her) then head out either 1. Thursday at 11pm or 2. Friday morning and drive to the Deal's gap area in NC. Its about 6.5 hours away. If we left at midnight I would drive to the top of the Cherohala Skyway and propose to her as the sun came up (or sundown if we left at noon.) either way it would look similar to this.

She's never been to the top of a mountian before, so I think this would be real thrill.
I am thinking Sunset would be better so we're not so tired the next day ;)
After the proposal and kisses we would head to the lovely little cabin I would have rented for the night (45 min. away from the mountain top) I've been there before and its perfect.

SO thats my idea.. what do you think? What is YOUR dream proposal? How can I make this plan better?

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
I think that is perfect because 1). it's beautiful and sweet and 2). it was all your idea. :thumb

Ed proposed to me in beautiful downtown Houston, I love the city lights, outside a Cirque du soleil tent. :laughing I knew our marriage would be a circus. :crackup

·
Registered
850 Posts
I live where you are going, less than 1 mile from the Cherohala. I know this area (and many of the vacation rentals) inside and out. What you think is 45 minutes away may be much more. Distance is deceiving in the mountains. If you need any advice/logistics/info PM me.

I like the sunset up there, sunrise can be really chilly. We often go for an evening 2-up ride to Obadiah Gap to watch the sunset and smooch. Follow that with a romantic dinner at the first class Snowbird lodge which is located at the beginning of the Cherohala (NC side... see www.snowbirdlodge.com). Snowbird also has some of the most beautiful decks and views of the mountains - the lodge sits on the top of a mtn....

dang, I think I'd marry you.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

·
Forum Leader,
18,929 Posts
What a man! :) I think sunset and also take up tailtamers offer to help you find a place :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wonderful idea!! I just love those mountains and can't wait to move there. Definitely get with Tailtamer about what time winter starts to wane. It stay pretty chilly on the Cherohala.

·
They call me Jugs.
10,432 Posts
I don't think you can get much better than that... seriously. I would suggest sunset though personally as I'm not a morning person. Not that you're proposing to me :laughing

Anyway... good luck to you. :thumb

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Good plan! :) :clap :clap

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TailTamer said:
I live where you are going, less than 1 mile from the Cherohala. I know this area (and many of the vacation rentals) inside and out. What you think is 45 minutes away may be much more. Distance is deceiving in the mountains. If you need any advice/logistics/info PM me.

I like the sunset up there, sunrise can be really chilly. We often go for an evening 2-up ride to Obadiah Gap to watch the sunset and smooch. Follow that with a romantic dinner at the first class Snowbird lodge which is located at the beginning of the Cherohala (NC side... see www.snowbirdlodge.com). Snowbird also has some of the most beautiful decks and views of the mountains - the lodge sits on the top of a mtn....

dang, I think I'd marry you.
Thanks for the info! You'll be PMed soon so I can pick your brain ;)

And about the distance being deiciving.. I have stayed at the Beech creek cabins (about 4 miles down 143 from Robbinsville.)
http://www.beechcreekcabins.com/

Its real nice, nothing fance just nice..and secluded ;) and cosey. Of course, it would be better to find an affordable place with a hot tub and fireplace :D heheheh
Here's a pic of the cabin I have in mind. Its only 80/ night

The cabins at Snowbird look even Nicer! However that sucker is 280/night. Thats gonna be a little out of my price range. After all I will have jewelry to buy :D

Thanks for the info ladies! Any more ideas are welcomed....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I just thought of something....what if she reads this (not realizing its you) and you decide to go ahead with the plans you posted....
Then when you are driving towards the destination, she may figure it out...and know whats ahead ie mountain proposal/cabin etc.
Not trying to be negative...just wouldn't want the surprise ruined since its such a special thoughtful one;)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Beechcreek is really nice - very private, very clean, and the creek is perfect - she'll love it. Ed and Kathy are good people and appreciate motorcycle riders, in fact they are riders too. We need to talk them into installing hot tubs.

I think you are about right for the time of 45 minutes to the cherrycola skyway. Stop up at Snowbird and just walk around, they don't mind you walking their trails or just checking the place out. They are also open for dinner, but you must make reservations well in advance (and it will set you back about $75). Personally, I'd prefer to go back to the cabin and eat scrambled eggs and drink beer.

Jewlery?? What's that?? Buy her a bike!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
k9zgirl said:
I just thought of something....what if she reads this (not realizing its you) and you decide to go ahead with the plans you posted....
Then when you are driving towards the destination, she may figure it out...and know whats ahead ie mountain proposal/cabin etc.
Not trying to be negative...just wouldn't want the surprise ruined since its such a special thoughtful one;)
Oh, she won't read this (hense the duplicate account). Plus she doesn't know anything about web boards, as far as I know..heheh.

When we head out, I'm going to tell her as LITTLE as possible about our destination. heheh

gosh, I am so excited and its still months away!

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
What an awesome idea! I'd have to agree with doing it at sunset cuz it won't be as chilly and she'll have her mind on YOU and not being cold! ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I hate to be negative - but you've only been dating 8 months???? Marriage....after 8 months.....well, it's a great plan but....8 months....Just how well can you know someone in 8 months? It sounds like you are a real romantic guy, and most women would love the scenario you have described, but maybe you should give it a little more time to make sure it's not just ....new. I wish you the best!

·
Registered
159 Posts
zlicius said:
I think that is perfect because 1). it's beautiful and sweet and 2). it was all your idea. :thumb

I agree.... :clap

8 months >>for me<< is a little early for marriage proposal but Im not questioning your love for one another Im not in either of your shoes so i have no room to judge....but I wish you both the best of luck though in life and in your marriage =) you sound like a wonderful guy so she is lucky and Im sure she is awesome and your quite the lucky man too, especially if you want to spend your days with her.....awwwww I think im gonna get a toothache.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
I married my hubby the September 21, and we met December 1 of the previous year. That's only about 9.5 months and we've been married 13 years now. It is possible! :D

·
They call me Jugs.
10,432 Posts
fstducgrl said:
Hey, I hate to be negative - but you've only been dating 8 months???? Marriage....after 8 months.....well, it's a great plan but....8 months....Just how well can you know someone in 8 months? It sounds like you are a real romantic guy, and most women would love the scenario you have described, but maybe you should give it a little more time to make sure it's not just ....new. I wish you the best!
Sometimes you just know when you know I guess. :shrug

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
f4girl said:
I married my hubby the September 21, and we met December 1 of the previous year. That's only about 9.5 months and we've been married 13 years now. It is possible! :D
Similarly, my girlfriend met her husband on Sept. 9, was engaged over Christmas, and married the following Sept. 8 (one year less a day!) They are married 8 years now with 2 kids. Keeping with the quickness of it all, she got pregnant on their honeymoon as well :laughing

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Here's another vote for sunset and another reason ;) No morning breath!! LOL All you'll have to worry about is garlic/onions/etc... so plan your lunch accordingly ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts